Chapter Seventeen

AN: I made up a lot of stuff in this chapter about Gajeel's past, mainly because we don't know how he ended up with Phantom Lord and because I wanted to explain who Jose had murdered and why. I hope you like it and I added some fluff for Levy x Gajeel fans.

Chapter seventeen

When Lucy and Juvia arrived home she found her home clean, almost too clean. Then she found a whole bunch of trash outside and she giggled to herself. It seemed that even though they spent the weekend apart they still thought amongst the same lines. She was just glad that he managed to clean up their mess. In fact, she was actually surprised that they managed to do such a good job.

Natsu agreed that they needed some time apart now and then, not all the time. He missed having her sleeping by his side but a day out now and then would do them some good. He even proposed that he take Wendy one weekend for some father daughter bonding. He wanted to take her fishing just the two of them and maybe the exceeds if they wanted to come.

He had spent many days sitting next to Gildarts by the river as he grew up and had questions or sometimes they just spoke about life. He thought it would be a good place to build a good relationship with his daughter as more than just her trainer. As she got older he wanted her to be able to come to him about anything to know that he would stand by her no matter where her life led her.

A couple days later Jude Heartfilia came to the guild once more, this time he wasn't covered in blood and technically starting guild wars. He came to explain to Lucy what was inside the box and why he had sent it to the guild. He felt that since the guild had gone to war because of his actions they deserved to know what happened.

Lucy was sitting in the guild, with most of the guild gathering around to listen to his explanation.

"When I started getting involved with the Magic Council I found many things that were being overlooked and I decided to look deeper into what was going on. Several guards were being paid off and most of them were minor things however I found something odd about Jose. I admit at first the only reason I looked so deeply into him was because he was so vocal of his dislike for Fairy Tail. I never expected to find something so damaging or that he would become so desperate to keep his secret."

Jude took a deep breath, ignoring the looks of confusion on everyone's face, "Before Jose could become guild master he spent a lot of his time searching for new recruits however something wasn't right about his recruitment of Gajeel Redfox so I started digging into his history. I found out that Gajeel had been found by a village girl wandering the forest after his father had disappeared. He ended up protecting the village for a while in return for food. The girl's name was Sakura and as far as I know she let him sleep in her home and generally took care of him."

He placed a picture of a beautiful young girl with chestnut brown hair and green eyes. She looked young about sixteen years or so but her smile was full of warmth. "This woman was found murdered and no one ever knew who killed her. She was apparently strangled to death and tossed into a river.

"Shortly after her death Gajeel abandoned the village and joined Jose. I found out that Jose had approached Gajeel about joining his guild but he was turned down because he didn't want to leave the girl that found him however Jose knew he was a dragon slayer so he killed Sakura and ensured that Gajeel wouldn't have a reason to turn him down again."

Lucy was stunned and horrified. No one ever knew much about Gajeel or his past. He once mentioned that his dragon left him and he was found by Jose but he never mentioned the girl in the picture or the village. She supposed that if he ever revisited that part of his past he must have done so with someone that he deeply trusted. Maybe it had been Levy or maybe he had buried it within his mind and never thought of it again.