Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter twenty five

Laxus couldn't believe that he had gotten roped into setting up Erza's first date. He had plans before whatever that was happened. He didn't have the words to explain the horror of seeing Erza dating. None of the males in the guild could possibly explain it. It was a type of horror that could only be shared amongst the males that had grown up around her.

It wasn't like he couldn't understand that people saw her as beautiful. Laxus knew that objectively she had grown into a beautiful young woman but he couldn't see her in that way. He didn't want to witness any of it. He still saw her as that tiny little bitch who somehow made it her job to keep Natsu and Gray in line. She was sort of cute and terrifying at the same time as a kid.

Things in the guild had been changing. For the past two years things had been changing. If he really wanted to put his finger on when things had begun to change it would be when Lisanna was nearly killed by Elfman. Natsu saved her and everyone went on some sort of training trip.

Everyone just seemed to be growing up and stepping into different roles. Cana found her father and that changed their dynamic. Natsu was more mature and responsible which rubbed off onto Gray. The girls were less hidden smiles and longing glances and more ready to keep a steady relationship. They were all maturing which was something that he never expected from them.

Bisca and Alzack were definitely dating. They were keeping it quiet. A lot of people were waiting for them to start dating and they were trying to avoid the attention. It was obviously a new relationship and they wanted to be more comfortable with it before anyone got involved in it.

They also weren't hiding it the way Natsu had hidden Lucy. No one knew anything about the blonde woman until she crashed into their life with their daughter. Bisca and Alzack just weren't obvious about their new affection. They wouldn't lie if anyone asked but they weren't going out of their way to let everyone know about them.

Mira had slowly become kinder and more motherly towards everyone. She still got annoyed and punched people who took their casual flirting too far. However she wasn't as high strung as she had been in the past.

Elfman and Evergreen were doing something. He didn't even want to know how that worked but there was something between them. Laxus had gone to her apartment to pick her up for their usual training session and he had seen things that no one should ever have to see. He would have been less horrified if he caught them having sex.

Laxus walked in and found Evergreen cooking for a shirtless Elfman. She explained that they ran into each other earlier in the day and she spilled coffee on him. She invited him to her apartment, washed and dried his shirt and then decided to feed him. They were waiting for his shirt to dry while the food cooked. She also completely forgot about their training session.

He walked into the kitchen and everything was really cozy and warm and intimate. He felt like he had been intruding on something private. Evergreen had been blushing and Elfman wasn't yelling about being manly or whatever. Laxus turned into lightning and disappeared faster than he had appeared.

Gajeel was technically a new addition to the guild. However Levy had been the guild since she was kid. Levy was a quiet little bookworm and she had somehow managed to tame a dragon slayer. Gajeel wasn't very out-going and he didn't have many friends. He was rude and brash but it was more than obvious how much he loved Levy.

He orbited around her like she was the center of the universe. He looked at her like she was his everything and it was something that everyone could see. Their relationship was more tangible and obviously very new but it was something that everyone could see.