TWENTY NINE

I sighed as I looked around the battlefield, wiping the blood I felt on my lips. Northmen were the only ones left standing. Well, us and the Kingslayer.

Taking a breath to control the anger I felt bubbling up, I marched over to where he was now tied up. The man looked up and smirked as he saw me.

"Ah, if it isn't another Stark." He said, giving me a once over. "A little messy, aren't you?"

I smirked. "Only in the blood of your soldiers, Kingslayer. How does it feel knowing you were taken down by a boy?"

"I have to admit, I'm impressed. The last time I saw talent like yours was, well....me."

"You're cocky. I admire that. But it's only going to get you in trouble in the long run. My brother may be merciful...but I'm not." I sighed and looked at the guards standing just behind the shackled man. "Get the prisoner prepped for departure."

"Yes, my lord." They both muttered before forcing the man up, dragging him away from the battlefield as I made my way over to my steed.

•~•

The Kingslayer was forced to his knees in front of my brother and mother, the former explaining what had happened to the woman.

"By the time they knew what was happening," He said, glaring down at the Lannister before him. "It had already happened."

Jaime looked up at the woman, his face free of any emotion, but his voice full of sarcasm. "Lady Stark, I'd offer you my sword, but I seem to have lost it."

I smirked and pulled the weapon from my belt, sticking it in the ground just out of the man's reach. His green eyes looked up at me with distain. "Found it." I snarked, laughing softly to myself.

"It is not your sword I want." My mother said, drawing the man's attention back to her. "Give me my daughters back. Give me my husband."

He sighed. "I've lost them, too, I'm afraid."

"Kill him, Robb." Theon spoke up, causing me to roll my eyes. How come I only hear whining when he opens his mouth.

"Shut up, Greyjoy." I snapped, not even hiding my annoyed look. "Send his head to his father."

He glared quickly at me before turning to my brother. "He cut down ten of our men. You saw him."

"And then I cut him down and-"

"Enough, Lachlan." My mother lectured, causing my mouth to snap shut, my eyes still sending daggers at the ward.

"He's more use to us dead than alive." Robb spoke up.

"Take him away and put him in irons."

The guards were quick to obey my mother's command, grabbing the Kingslayer under his arms and pulling him to his feet. The man in question was quick to open his mouth, more than likely to save his own skin.

"We could end this war right now, boy, save thousands of lives." The man said. "You fight for the Starks, l fight for the Lannisters. Swords or lances, teeth, nails - choose your weapons and let's end this here and now."

"lf we do it your way, Kingslayer..." Robb said, taking a menacing step closer to the man. "You'd win. We're not doing it your way."

The man's eyes drifted over to me, where I stood with my arms now crossed over my armor. "What about you, kid?"

All eyes turned to me as I just smirked. I moved closer to the blonde man, leaning in so close my breath fanned across his face. "I don't fight cowards."

Lord Umber, who had a strong grip on one of the Kingslayer's arms, lagged at my words. "Come on, pretty man." He said before dragging the prisoner away, the crowd cheering in response.

"I sent two thousand men to their graves today." My brother muttered under his breath.

Of course, Theon had to open his mouth yet again. "The bards will sing songs of their sacrifice."

I rolled my eyes dramatically and groaned in annoyance. "Do you ever shut up?"

Robb ignored my comment as he muttered a response before raising his voice to speak to the assembled crowd of soldiers. "One victory does not make us conquerors. Did we free my father? Did we rescue my sisters from the queen? Did we free the North from those who want us on our knees?" The boy looked over the now quieted crowd, sighing as he lowered his voice. "This war is far from over."