FIVE

I stood with my family in the large courtyard of Winterfell, where everyone was gathered to welcome the king. Pressing my tongue to my cheek, I tapped my foot gently on the ground out of boredom.

Looking to my right, I saw my sister, Sansa, looking elsewhere. Smirking, I reached around her back and tapped her right shoulder before quickly retracting my arm. The girl, confused, turned to face who was there, but saw no one.

I couldn't help but stifle a laugh at her confusion, causing her to quickly turn to me. "Lachlan." She whined, hitting my arm with a good amount of strength. For her, at least; I hardly felt it.

"I was just messing with you, little sister." I said, patting her head gently, knowing she'd only complain more if I messed up her hair. "Stop being so tense."

"I'm not tense." She grumbled.

I rolled my eyes playfully as I faced forwards again. As I did so, my mother looked worriedly down our family's line. "Where's Arya?" She grumbled before raising her voice. "Sansa, where's you're sister?"

When Sansa shrugged, I sighed. "She's around somewhere, mother. But don't worry, Arya will be here on time."

As if she heard my words, the small figure of my sister cane running up, a shining silver helmet on her head. She passed right by my mother, but my father caught her arm.

"Hey, hey." He said softly as she turned to face her father. "What are you doing with that on?" He asked as he took the helmet off her small head. With that, the girl continued to her place in line.

"Move." She grumbled, pushing Bran slightly so she could squeeze in between him and Sansa.

I leaned forwards and bent down, getting to my sister's height as she turned to look at me. "Be nice." I told her with a teasing smirk before I stood again.

A moment later, a few Lannister soldiers rode through the gates. Behind them, mounted on a steed of his own, was a golden haired lion. Prince Joffrey, no doubt. A knight with the helmet of a dog came in behind him; the Hound.

Next came the coach, which shook slightly on the uneven terrain before coming to a stop. A second later, a black haired, burly man rode into the courtyard and immediately my father knelt, causing the rest of us to do the same.

Lifting my gaze slightly, I saw the man get down from his horse and quickly approach my family. With one small gesture, we all rose to our feet again, the king now standing directly in front of my lord father.

"Your Grace." The Lord of Winterfell said, bowing his head respectfully to his friend and king.

Robert took one glance over my father before he spoke. "You've got fat."

While I couldn't see my father's look, I knew what his eyes said; the king didn't look so good either. The two men burst into laughter as they embraced each other in a brotherly hug, the king being the first to back out of it. Robert said his hellos go my mother before turning back to my father.

"Nine years!" The king exclaimed. "Why haven't I seen you? Where the hell have you been?"

"Guarding the North for you, Your Grace. Winterfell is yours." My father exclaimed.

Looking past the king, I saw the queen and her two youngest children climbing out of the coach. My eyes trailed over Cersei herself and the smug and disgusted look she gave as she looked around causing my blood to boil slightly.

When I looked ever so slightly to her left, however, I swear my heart stopped for a second. The princess looked around in wonder and excitement, her blonde hair blowing as she whipped her head all around. The girl was beautiful, to say the least.

"Who may we have here?" The king said, bringing my attention back to him, though I would subtly steal a glance or two back to where the princess stood. "You must be Robb." The king said as he clasped my brother's hand.

He turned to me next and his interest seemed to spark ever so slightly. "And this must be the young Lachlan I've heard so much about." I nodded with a small smirk as the king shook my hand. "Aye, the northmen do praise you." I bowed my head as the king made his way down the line, looking over each of my siblings.

As I heard footsteps approaching, I turned my head to see the queen making her way over to our family. She stopped in front of my father, holding her hand out.

The lord took it and placed a soft kiss to the back of her palm as he bowed. "My Queen."

My mother curtseyed, something I have never seen her do before, as she welcomed the golden haired woman. "My Queen."

"Take me to your crypts." The king spoke, rather harshly, might I add. "I want to pay my respects."

"We've been riding for a month, my love." The Queen snipped, her time that of an absolute bitch. Don't ask me how I know; I can just tell. "Surely the dead can wait."

"Ned." The king said, ignoring his wife's comment as he turned and stalked away. My father excused himself before following after his childhood friend.

The queen turned away from our family and started walking back to the coach, speaking with her brother, who I hadn't realized had arrived until now. Everyone else in the courtyard departed at their liege lord's departure, either going back to work or helping settle in the guests.

"Are you boys ready for a feast tonight?" Theon said, throwing his arms around myself and Robb with sly smirk. "We're going to drink ourselves away before we go and find out little lady friends."

"I don't partake in whores." Robb said seriously as he shrugged the Greyjoy's arm off his shoulder.

"Fine then, M'lord." The ward said before turning to me, his arm still around me. "I guess Lachlan and I can go and find Freydis and Ros later."

I rolled my eyes, sighing, but a small smirk made its way to my face nonetheless. "I don't sleep with Freydis."

Theon pat my shoulder. "Maybe tonight is when you change that." With that said, he and my brother started walking towards the keep.

I rolled my eyes and looked across the courtyard. I glanced by the coach and I saw the princess looking my way, her hands neatly folded in front of her.

Keeping the small smirk on my face, I bowed my head slightly, my eyes still looking at the golden haired beauty. As I lifted my head and turned away, I swore I saw a small smile come to the girl's face before she turned back to her family.