Caught ya

Chris’s Pov.
A couple days later, after we had all recovered from the fight we got a visit from Denton. He wanted us to meet him at Tibby's for lunch. It was only 11:00, so we had some time to kill. Then I remembered, Spot! He won’t know to come down! I decided I’d head down to Brooklyn myself. I was about to leave when I was pulled away by someone. Oh thank god it’s just Race.

“Where do ya think yous goin?”

He asked with a smirk. Uh…

“Uh… Jus takin a walk”

“Yeah. A walk down ta Brooklyn?”

I groaned, of course he knew.

“Look. Yous can not tell Jack”

“I won’t, but again. You sure this is a good-

“Racetrack I’ll soak ya!”

I yelled. Race put his hands up in defence.

“Eh alright. I’s only tryin ta be good friend that’s all”

I sighed before smiling.

“I know, and ya are a good friend Race, it’s just, Jack’s”

“Ovaprotective?”

“Exactly!”

Race chuckled.

“Don’t worry. I’ll tell him you went to visit Sara an are gonna meet us there?”

“Perfect! Thanks a buck Race!”

I smiled before running off to Brooklyn.

It was a long run, but luckily I was fast. I made it to the docks around 11:30. I walked down the docks again, this time thankfully with less stares. One boy I recognized from last time came up to me.

“Hey Hatten!”

Uh oh.

“Hey, Roller right?”

He stormed up to me, but didn’t hit me like I thought he would. He stuck his hand out.

“You an ya brudda did some good work yestaday”

He spat on his hand, holding it out again. I smiled and did the same. 

“By the way. Sweet lookin scar ya got”

I chuckled looking at my shoes. It was basically a hrozontal line along my entire face.

“Hey, is Spot around?”

I asked, although quieter than I meant to be.

“Well he left his cane here, so he’s probably just in the can. Should be back any sec”

“Thanks”

I smiled. Roller tipped his hat before walking away. I walked over to the small pile of crates, just noticing now it almost resembles a throne at the top. I saw the pimp cane as well. Oh boy to I wanna take it… better not. I decided to climb up to the top of the boxes. I sat down and looked at the river. It was beautiful, and reminded me of Spot's eyes.

“Eh!”

I looked down to see Spot holding his pimp cane, smirking up at me.

“Don’t ya know it’s disrespectful ta sit on a king's throne?”

I smirked before jumping off the crates, landing in front of Spot.

“Well at least there ain’t a King aroun ta catch me”

I smirked. Spot had a smug smirk on his face. I started to walk towards him, but he grabbed me… by my suspenders, and pulled me, very close to him.

“Caught ya”

Oh wow. I have no words. I could feel his breath on my face as he smirked down at me. His beautiful ocean eyes were staring right into mine. There’s something in his eyes, I still can’t figure out what, but it makes me want to stare at them forever. Wait Chris, what are you doing? This isn’t possible. You’re way too boy like for a guy to like you, just stop... But I really don’t want to.

“Hello? What? Snider got ya tongue?”

Spot smirked? I rolled my eyes, playing it off. 

“Ya got a lil somethin”

I pointed at his forehead before swiping his Newsies cap.

“Hey! Give it back!”

I backed away from him.

“Try and catch me... Your highness”

I winked before taking off, Spot hot on my trail. I ran through the alleys in Brooklyn, a lot less scary in the day time. Made sure to avoid the alley I got beat up in the other night, and made my way back to Manhattan. We weaved through crowds, Spot always on my tail, but never catching up. Once we finally reached Newsies square I stopped and Spot caught up, a little out of breath.

“Well, yous quite fast ain’t ya”

He smiled. 

“Well they don’t call me Zippa for nuthin”

I smirked backing up, which only made him come closer.

“Hold up. You, are Zippa? Fastest Newsies in New York?”

Wait… people know about me? That’s cool!

“You bet”

I shrugged it off. Spot quickly charged towards me and I backed up… into the Horace Greyley statue. Spot had both his arms on either side of my head.

“You may be fast on ya feet. But ya sure ain’t fast in the reflexes”

“Huh?”

Before I could process, Spot swiped his hat out of my hand.

“Thank you”

He smirked. Oh that’s what he meant. I chuckled, and looked into his eyes.

“Aww. That’s to bad, ya hair looks nice outta ya hat”

I winked before walking away.

“By the way Denton wanted to meet with us so I’d come in if I was you!”

I called back to him.  Really, his hair was almost as beautiful as his eyes. The straight dirty blonde mop, messy but combed at the same time, and really hot. Just another thing I liked about him. Wait… do I? Arugh this is so confusing! I think… I think I do like him. Yeah, I definitely have feelings for Spot Conlon. Okay… let’s see how this turns out.

* - * - * - *

Ah!!! 300 reads!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!! You guys are aboslutly amazing! Also again nother shameless plug. Please go show my Mighty Ducks fanfic some love, I'm really proud of it and it's one of my favorite fics yet, but it is a small fanfom :p anywase. Thank you all so much!!