The Fall of our Lives

***************************************************************************************************************

Hey, Readers!!! People have been commenting on my fan-fics, and they warm up my heart so much! :') I feel like I'm fluttering in the sky when someone compliments my stories! THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE SUPPORT! Anyhoo, here's Chapter 12, ENJOY!!!!!!!

***************************************************************************************************************

Natsu P.O.V.

Die? The both of us? I couldn't process any of this, and by the look of it, neither could Lucy. Her eyes were widened and she fell to her knees, her hands clutching to her chest. "Die?" Lucy whispered.

"Don't listen to him!" I yelled. "He's bluffing!"

"Am I?" Isamu asked. He pressed a single button, and Lucy suddenly sprung up and began to walk towards the ledge. "Natsu!" She shrieked. I quickly ran to her and grabbed er arm, trying to cease her movement. Her strength was probably trippled because of the program, because my feet were being dragged on the ground. "AAAH! Your too strong!" I exclaimed.

"Already complaining, Dragneel?" Isamu snickered.

"Not at all, Chouko!" I yelled back. Suddenly, Lucy punched me in the gut, sending me flying up and hitting the ground hard. My stomach began to ache and throb, and I screamed in pain. "Natsu!" Lucy shrieked. I looked over and saw Lucy almost at the ledge. Her eyes were filled fear, and was whispering words, almost as if she was praying. 

I couldn't take it anymore.

"Wait!" I finally yelled. Isamu pressed a button and looked at me with confusion. Lucy suddenly stopped and looked at me witht he same emotion. "What are you doing?" Lucy asked, her voice shaking.

I didn't really know what I was thinking. Being in a storm like this makes it kind of hard. But I knew one thing that was clear in my mind.

My fiance's protection.

"What can I do to ensure Lucy's protection?" I asked.

"Natsu, no!" Lucy begged.

"Why, that's easy."  Isamu smiled. He skipped to the ledge and pointed down. "Fall."

"Fall?!" Lucy shrieked.

"Yes, my darling. Fall." He smiled. 

Lucy P.O.V

No. This couldn't be happening.

Not again.

I turn around to see Natsu already walking towards the edge. When he passes me, I grab his vest with all my strength. "No! Don't do this!"

Natsu looked at me, his eyes filled with sadness. "I have to."

"No, you don't! You're my fiance! We were going to get married, start a family! We were finally beginning to live a peaceful life." Tears fell down my face. My heart felt like it had just been hit by a sludge hammer. Natsu wrapped his arms around me, his body shaking like crazy. "I want you to live your life."

"But my life isn't complete without you!" I screamed. I fell to my knees, holding on to his legs. I knew that once Natsu is gone, my life will be meaningless. 

I won't have a point of living.

"But you have to keep on living!" Natsu yelled. "For us!" I couldn't tell if it was the rain or Natsu's tears, but something touched my shoulder that filled me with sadness. He let me go and slowly began to walk to the ledge. "NO!" I screamed.

"YES!" Isamu screamed with delight. Natsu stopped at the end of the ledge and faced me. He had a soft smile, and tears were streaming from his dark gold eyes. "Goodbye, Lucy."

And with that, he fell back words, to the violent sea. 

"NO!" I screetched.

"YES! YOU ARE NOW MINE!" Isamu screamed.

My beloved was falling.

He was falling to his death.

Suddenly, a crazy idea popped in my head. I stood up, and before Isamu could control me, I jumped off the cliff. "NO!" I heard Isamu yell. The wind was rushing through my face, and whole body was wet with rain. I opened my eyes to see Natsu less than a meter away. Using all my might, I dove in faster and faster, until I was able to touch Natsu's hand. His eyes, once closed, were now open with shock. "What the hell are you doing!" Natsu screamed.

"What does it look like I'm doing! I'm falling with you!" I screamed back.

"But if you die, I'll never forgive myself!" Natsu screamed with agony.

"As long as we're together, I'm happy." I told him. Natsu's eyes widened with surprise, and his expression softened. He pulled me closer to him, and our lips met, making a passionate kiss. Despite us falling to our painful death, this was one of the most romantic kisses ever. When he pulled away, he whispered in my ear, "I love you."

I smiled, and noticed that we would soon make contact with the freezing, violent sea. "I love you too." I whispered back.

 He held me tightly and closed his eyes. As if I was back home in bed with Natsu, I curled up next to him so that i could feel his warm body.

And together, we awaited our freezing deaths.

And who knows.

It might not be as painful as looks.

It might be like taking a long nap with the person you love.