Chapter 25

My eyes stayed closed as my head leaned back, resting against the chair. Jake stays seated on the ground, after having been punching me repeatedly and slicing me with his knife. I could barely breathe, barely keep myself from falling asleep right now. But I knew I had to stay awake. He could end me right here right now. And while I may want him to right about now, I know I can't give in. No matter how bad it hurts.

"Have enough yet Beca?" Jake asked. I hate the way my name escaped his lips. I opened my eyes slowly, picking up my head feeling my head race and begin to spin. I shut my eyes a moment, dropping my head. I lay there a moment before picking up my head and looking back to the guy.

"N-Nope," I stutter back a response. A chuckle escapes Jake, as I watch him climb to his feet. He picks up the knife he had dropped just a bit ago. He grips the handle tightly in the palm of his hand. But before he did anything he heard a round of sirens. I looked to the door just to have him quickly run towards me, blocking my view. He rushed towards me, gripping the hair in the back of my head, pulling my head back and pressing the knife to my neck. I could feel the cold blade cut my skin just a bit as he began applying pressure. A rapid round of bangs began at the door.

"You notified the fucking cops!" He shouted, pressing the knife in more. I couldn't help the smirk spread to my lips."Beca Fucking Mitchell, you-" Before he could finish his sentence the door burst open. He froze where he stood as my eyes trailed past him to see all the cops pointing guns at him. My eyes wonder finally catching the detective I had spoken too. She was at the front of all the cops, gripping her gun the hardest.

"Jake, let's put the knife down and step away from the girl," she spoke. I look to Jake finding his eyes placed on mine. He shook his head from side to side looking directly into my eyes. I watched him nonetheless, not liking where this was heading. "C'mon Jake. Put the knife down or my deputies here are going to have to shoot you." Silence filled the air a moment, before I saw Jake's lips separate.

"Why? Why should I put the knife down? This bitch stole everything from me. My future wife, my daughter-"

"She's not your daughter!" I shouted, spitting in his face. He pulled his head back and pulled the knife with him, raising it into the air. But before it could swing down, a round of triggers were pulled, causing me to jump and turn. When I open my eyes I feel hands at my wrists untying the rope tied tightly around them. I look to find the detective quickly getting me untied. Her lips parted as she began to speak. But I heard nothing. All I saw was her lips moving. Slowly I moved my eyes to the right seeing Jake lying on the ground. His back facing the air, his eyes wide open. Blood pooled around his body. I closed my eyes looking away feeling someone help me stand, but my knees buckle beneath me. Thankfully someone caught me and began to carry me out of the warehouse. While my mind replayed and replayed Jake getting shot and seeing his eyes wide and the life leave from them.

                                                            🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

Chloe's POV

I sat with my knee bouncing up and down. Ruby sat on the right of me staring blankly at the floor in front of her. Tears overwhelmed her eyes but a blank expression sat on her face. I on the other hand was a disaster waiting to hear news on Beca. And it's been an hour or two since we got the call from the detective telling us they found Beca and she was being rushed to the hospital. Fat Amy and Emily were here too, but decided to walk to the cafeteria to try and calm their nerves. Or more like Fat Amy wanted to go, Emily just went. Her mind was foggy too, I knew it was.

"Beca Mitchell," I heard a doctor say. I stood up quickly and the doctor slowly walked over to me and Ruby. I kept my blue eyes locked on the doctor as he gave me a small smile. I said nothing, waiting patiently. My anxiety rises high as my nails dig deep into the palm of my hands.

"Beca's fine. She's got a few severe injuries but with rest she'll be good to go," the doctor said. I bite my lip holding back tears that wanted to be let free. And for the first time , they weren't sad tears but happy and relieved tears. A sigh of relief escaped my lips as I took a step forward and wrapped my arms around the doctor. He hesitated a moment before hugging me back. Eventually we parted ways and he told us the room number. I head towards the room, glancing over my shoulder every now and then seeing Ruby following somewhat behind. I don't pay too much attention to her attitude as we near Beca's room.

Once we make it, I step in and see Beca hooked up to a bunch of machines. I bite my lip and look her fragile body up and down. I see so many bandages covering her and so many bruises. I bite my lip a little harder as I slowly walk over, taking a seat in a chair once I pull it over.I take my seat, taking a hold of the girl's hand, keeping a hold of it. I hear a small movement behind me, knowing Ruby was taking a seat on the couch. But I kept my gaze on Beca, ready for her to awake.