Chapter 2

I woke up to an alarm going off like crazy. My hand reaches over on the other side of the bed than I originally sleep on, till I finally feel my fingertips glide against the cold screen. I pick the phone up, pick my head up a bit and look to find someone calling. Lazily I turn over on my back hitting answer and placing the phone to my ear.

A: Hello?

FA: UNLOCK THE DOOR

I quickly pull the phone away from my ear as Fat Amy yells loudly through the door and the phone. I sigh, hitting the end call and slowly slip out of bed. My bare feet hit the ground and I slowly make my way over to the door unlocking it and turning on my heels. Before I can get back to the bed I hear the door open and see Fat Amy walk past me, taking a seat.

"Ruby was right," Amy said, sighing loudly. I tilt my head, raising an eyebrow as I climbed back into the bed and pulled the blankets up over top of me. "About Emily being high." My eyes widened and I shook my head this time.

"There's no way," I said, hoping that what the Australian girl was saying wasn't true. But Amy nods her head up and down.

"I asked Emily this morning when she came down for breakfast. Stupid told me her and a couple friends from college hung out and they tried something. She didn't know what it was and just did it."

"That doesn't sound like Emily, Amy," I say, truthfully. My mind couldn't wrap around the thought of Emily doing any type of drugs or anything of that sort. Drinking alcohol, yeah. We've done it, but drugs. No way.

"Maybe but that's what stupid told me." I rolled my eyes hearing my phone ding. I turn my head looking at the black phone case. Slowly I reach over and open my phone. "Who texted you?"

"Ruby..." I say, letting my voice trail off opening the message. 

I click the phone off and glance up to meet Fat Amy's eyes

I click the phone off and glance up to meet Fat Amy's eyes. She tilts her head waiting for me to speak. "What Amy?" I ask, throwing the covers off of me and walking to the closet.

"You going to meet her?" Amy asks, her voice lower than usual. I bend over grabbing a pair of black jeans slipping them on then looking around for a hoodie. Eventually I find an old Barden one and throw it on. I turn back around to look at Amy. "Beca, are you going to meet Ruby?" i nod my head up and down stuffing my phone in my back pocket. "Beca...You know you're not supposed to."