Chapter 65 - Keep It Going

-Maika's POV-

I woke up to a sound asleep Minato, looking so safe and calm compared to yesterday. After the endless amount of Minato's passionate kisses, I made sure I never let him go throughout the entire night as we slept peacefully. Looks like he felt good cuddling me to sleep.

"I'm glad you slept well..." I muttered to myself as I touched his face lightly.

"Hmm..." Minato's hand reached out for mine, which was caressing his face and locked them together.

"You're awake?" I asked gently.

He slowly batted his eyes open like a sleepy cat...

"M-Maika." I'll never get tired of this husky voice I hear in the morning.

"I'm sorry for last night." He grabbed my waist, as his face landed on my chest.

"What are you sorry for?" I chuckled as I stroked through his hair.

"I...kissed you so many times, I'm sorry if it was overwhelming."

"That's nothing to be sorry about." I giggled.

"I...like seeing a new side of you, y'know?"

"The raw and intense Minato..."

He looked up with soft puppy eyes and I gave him a smile.

"Feeling better?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Let's have a feast after school today!" I beamed.

"W-Wait, speaking of school..." He paused.

"OH MY GOD, we're going to be late!" I flipped the blanket off us immediately.

• • •

-Minato's POV-

Ren avoided me the whole day...

It's his first time behaving like this. No matter what happens, he would always go back to normal after a day.

It's okay, Maika said I should give him time. Well, I definitely should.

"Minato~"

My eyes widened at Maika's voice.

"O-Oh, hey."

"We're going for a feast!" She beamed excitedly.

"Oh, yeah. Let's go." I smiled at the sight of Maika trying to cheer me up.

She whisked me through and we ended up at my favourite restaurant.

"Gotta eat well no matter what, okay?"

My heart felt so warm at the thought of her doing this just so she could make me feel better. I can't let Maika's efforts go to waste.

"Minato, what do you feel like eating?" She asked as she flipped through the menu.

"Hmm...I think I want the hamburg steak."

"Oh yes, I know you love that!"

Maika's so excited today...it's cute.

"What about you?"

"I want fries!"

"That's all?" I frowned in amusement.