Chapter 47 - Never Let You Go

-Maika's POV-

I pressed on the doorbell of Minato's house, waiting outside the gate patiently. It was a cosy Saturday morning, the warm and light sunlight shone on my face, making me feel so comfy.

His parents told me to come over for breakfast and I was really happy that they invited me.

It feels like I'm even more closer to Minato than before, being able to join in with his family even though they're really busy.

The gate opened, revealing Minato in his casual home clothes, yet he still looks dashing as ever.

"Good morning, Maika." He grinned.

"You're happy, huh?" I smirked.

"Of course, I am. Come on in." He held my hand.

• • •

After a filling and delicious breakfast, we were still in our seats, sipping on the warm tea Minato's mom has prepared.

"Ah, Minato. We forgot to tell you, we'll be home for the next few days and..."

"And?" Minato asked.

"Shina-chan will be coming over to stay with us."

"Huh?" I watched as Minato's brows furrowed.

"But why?"

"Well, she oddly requested for a stay-over so her Mom told me to take her in for a few days. I can't turn down her request, her mom has helped me a lot in the past."

"She's your childhood friend, it's fine, isn't it?"

I felt a jab in my heart when I heard that. I...never knew Minato had a childhood friend. I wonder if they were close...

"But..."

I clutched on my cup of tea nervously.

*sound of doorbell*

"She's here."

Wait, what did Minato want to say?

I watched the girl they were talking about make her way to the dining room.

Wow, her hair is styled nicely, she seems really feminine. Her dress is definitely expensive. She looks really pretty and elegant.

She gave off a rich young lady vibe...

I looked down on myself to see that I was wearing just a plain black dress with my hair let down naturally. I...didn't think of dressing up...

Wait, why am I even comparing myself to her? Tsk, that makes me annoyed at myself.

"Minato-kun, it's nice to see you again." Her eyes were glistening as she looked at him.

"Same here." Minato replied.

"Akiyama-chan, I'll head up first. Enjoy the tea." Minato's dad smiled at me.

"Thank you." I bowed.

I watched as his dad just made his way upstairs without saying anything about the arrival of Minato's childhood friend. Guess he's not interested to watch any of this.

Well, I guess I should leave too.

I was about to stand up from my seat upon seeing Minato and the girl converse happily. Looks like they have a common topic...

"Oh, hi, who's this?" She suddenly turned to me.

"She's my girlfriend." Minato said proudly, without hesitation.