Chapter 6 - Boyfriend

-Maika's POV-

"Minato." I sat down on the edge of his bed.

"Hm?" He turned around.

"So what's your plan?"

"Wanna watch a movie?"

"Sure."

He handed me a DVD.

"Romance?" I raised one of my eyebrows.

"Do you like it?"

"Well..."

"I do but..."

"It's embarrassing." I felt my face warming up.

"You have a cute side too, huh."

"Don't say that!" I frowned immediately, switching back to my usual image.

"Let's just watch it. We can treat it as a lesson." He grinned.

"Fine." I took a pillow and placed it on my lap.

We got ourselves comfortable on his bed with all the pillows and a blanket. I got a little conscious when his shoulder brushed against mine. I've never done this before. I took a peek at him from time to time throughout the movie, wondering what was on his mind.

-Minato's POV-

Maika's reactions are pretty cute. Although I could tell she's trying hard to hide it.

She probably didn't realise that I was looking at her, waiting for her reaction when it comes to certain scenes in the movie. That's good though, I could see the real side of her if she doesn't notice me.

I found myself smiling as I looked at her.

Is...this how it feels like to be dating?

-Maika's POV-

Wait, what is this scene about?!

Why are they making out like that? I thought this was one of those pure and innocent high school films.

"Minato!" I threw a pillow on his lap.

I looked over and realised he was already looking at me. Weird, why was he staring this way instead of the screen?

"W-What?" He tilted his head innocently.

"You..."

"What is the meaning of this?!" I pointed to the screen.

"I-I didn't know this would appear either. I swear." He lifted his hands up to surrender himself.

"You better not be lying." I shot him the skeptical look.

"But..."

"Don't you feel anything?" He asked.

My brows furrowed.

"Even if I do, I wouldn't tell you."

"Baaaaka." I stuck my tongue out.

"So you do!"

"Tell me!" He placed the pillow back on my lap.

"Tell you what?!" I pouted.

"Tell me how do you feel..." He whined like a little boy.

I didn't know Minato has a cheeky side like this...The way he carried himself in school, no one...literally no one would have expected this.

It's kinda cute though.

Wait, what just went through my mind? Am I crazy?!

"You should feel the same way, why are you asking me!" I pushed the pillow in his face, widening the distance between us because he was too close.

"Oh."

"It's natural, isn't it? Wanting to kiss the person you love."

The pillow fell when my hands let go of it. It revealed Minato's face with an expression I've never seen before. He was just looking at me, with feelings that I couldn't read.

"I know what you're thinking about. Don't look at me like that." I averted his gaze, looking back to the front.

Damn, those eyes sure are captivating.

"I might be your temporary girlfriend but...I'm not a substitute." I mumbled grumpily.

"N...No. I wasn't thinking of her."

"Eh?" My eyes returned to him, feeling confused.

"You're right. Everyone wants to do that kind of stuffs with the person they love." He muttered.

"Oh wait, not everyone. I don't think your friend does."

"Eh? Ren?"

"Yeah, doesn't he play around with girls and whatever?" I said with my hand on the chin, tilting my head a little.

"Not really, he does go on casual dates a lot but he's not in a relationship with anyone."

"Oh."

"He's a pretty nice guy. He's just...much more friendlier and outgoing than I am."

"I'm sorry." I apologised.

"Eh??" He sound shocked for a moment.

"What? I'm apologising for judging your friend too quickly."

"Ren would be happy to hear that." He laughed.

"Pssh." I rolled my eyes in amusement.

"Ah...I'm sleepy." I laid my back on his bed, relaxing my body posture a little.

"Hey." His finger poked my face.

"You're so relaxed..." He let out a sigh.

"What? You're not going to do anything to me anyway."

There was a long pause of silence between us.

"I'm your boyfriend. Treat me like I am." He said softly yet in a slightly stern way.

Why did he have to look so good while saying that though? His strawberry blonde hair has always charmed me but...really though. I never thought I'll feel attracted to him.

But this is all fake. Let's not forget that.

"Alright~" I pouted slightly, got up and leaned against the headboard.

I know he meant that, as a boyfriend, he would want to kiss his girlfriend in that situation.

I stared at him while he was looking at the screen, watching the movie attentively. My hands reached out for his arm, holding it gently.

I have always wanted to do this...to hold my boyfriend's arm as we watch a movie.

He looked over and our eyes met. Those deep dark eyes stared at me like I was the only person in his world. Slowly, I tightened my grip around his arm and brought myself closer to him. My heart started beating slightly faster than usual. I felt the warmth from our close contact. I noticed his ears flushing red as soon as I did that.

Is he feeling shy? I wonder.

I placed my chin on his shoulder, leaning on him comfortably.

"Don't you dare tell anyone I held your arm."

"It'll be my little secret." He didn't look at me while saying that, but his cheeks were slightly tinted pink.

Minato has a cute side too, huh?