Chapter 34 - Together

-Maika's POV-

My footsteps stopped immediately when I found Akari-chan sobbing outside of class. It was early in the morning before class, and I arrived earlier than usual today.

"Akari-chan?" I brought her to the side, in case anyone else comes.

She looked at me with teary eyes and her arms wrapped around me for a hug.

"Would you like to talk about it?" I said gently.

"R-Rintaro-kun..."

"...cheated on me..."

"He has another girlfriend..."

My heart sank when I heard those words along with her sobbing but another part of me felt the fiery anger, the unjust and the urge to do something about it.

"...Have you confronted him?"

She nodded.

I caressed her head gently, hoping to soothe her a little.

"You wanna go home?"

She gave me a little nod.

"Don't worry about anything. Just rest at home, okay? I'll send you home first."

• • •

I ran back to school, dashing hurriedly since I was late.

My hands slammed on the door, sliding it opened a little too aggressively.

"Akiyama, you're late."

"Sorry, I got caught up along the way."

"Hurry along to your seat."

Minato exchanged eye contact with me, looking confused and worried.

I quickly sat down, catching for my breath.

• • •

Everyone dispersed quickly into the cafeteria, leaving the classroom empty in no time.

"Maika, are you okay?" Minato asked gently.

"I'm fine...Akari-chan's not." I sighed.

"Eh?"

"Do you know whatever his name...Rintaro? From the other class?" I folded my arms.

"Uh...I've heard of him but I'm not acquainted."

"He cheated on Akari-chan."

"And I'm going to get him."

Just when I said that, my eyes sharpened at the sight of Rintaro with another girl, laughing and smiling in their own world.

"Tsk."

"So much for being with a trash like him." I rolled my eyes at the girl beside him.

"Why did you cheat on Akari-chan!" I pulled his collar up forcefully.

His eyes widened in shock and fear. The girl stepped back immediately.

"Was it fun, huh? Playing with her like that, making her devote herself to you and you just can't get enough? You need another girl?"