Chapter 61 - Fuzzy Warmth

-Minato's POV-

I felt a warm sensation around my arms, making me feel so comfortable that I could hug her forever.

My eyes batted slowly...and I nuzzled against Maika as I caressed her back gently.

I looked at Maika to see that she was still sleeping...with that cute angelic face of hers.

I should get up and make food for the both of us...She must be tired since she slept later.

Slowly lifting the blanket off me and adjusting it for Maika, I was about to get off the bed when I noticed something on the nightstand beside me.

"Eh?"

That's my name...

I reached for the box, placing it on my lap as I untied the ribbon.

Did Maika make this for me last night? That was why she stayed up late? Oh...

Lifting the lid off, it revealed a shirt that I've been wanting to get, but I haven't really got the chance to buy it.

"Aww..."

She must have seen me looking at it on my phone the other day...Maika's pretty observant, you see.

-Maika's POV-

"M-Minato..." I groaned a little when I felt the lack of warmth.

My eyes opened to see Minato's back facing me before he turned around upon hearing my voice.

I sat up leaning against the headboard sluggishly, still feeling slightly sleepy.

"You're awake..." I said faintly.

I was about to rub my eyes when Minato's hand reached for my wrist. He pulled me closer to him, wrapping his arms around me swiftly.

"...Hm?"

I was still slightly half awake so I didn't know what was going on.

My eyes opened widely when his lips caressed against mine all of a sudden, but not before long, I've shut my eyes again, feeling him completely with my lips responding back to his.

Oh...the affection and warmth from his lips spread through me immediately. I found myself hooking my arms around his nape, as I shifted myself closer to him.

His hand reached for the back of my head, holding me gently as he filled my heart with the passionate morning kiss.

My mind went blank and all I could feel was Minato. It felt so fuzzy and warm as we kissed without stopping. His smooth and tender lips feel so good against mine...I couldn't help but to yearn for more.

I felt my back landing on the mattress, as Minato got on top of me.

"Thank you...you're so sweet." Our lips parted but his face remained close to mine.

"I'm glad you like it." I smiled.

He leaned in again for another kiss. My arms naturally went around his neck again, pulling him down to get a better grip of his lips. He kept coming for more kisses, like he couldn't have enough of me.

"I love you...Maika." He whispered huskily on my lips before going for more.

"I...love you too..."