Chapter Nineteen - Inevitable

It was hard for Alexandra to even take one step out of the entrance. She wanted to go back, but she understood that there was boundary.
​She needed to clear her mind so she decided to walk around the hospital to think what to do next. She had planned to go back to the lift and travel to the year she came from.

​She walked down the hallway and stopped here and there to read the poster on the walls. There was one subject that interested her. It was about the human brain.

​The poster explained how a human brain and the nerves worked. From how the brain commanded some parts of the body to move because the brain received impulse from the nerve to how brain and hormones affected a person's mood.

​While reading the poster, she thought of how small and incapable brains are to interpret things that couldn't be explained. It was amazing how one's brain is different from the other, although they were made from the same sets of atoms.

Things were meant to be left unexplained, she always thought. She could always find the beauty of life with this thought. It was as if humans' purpose to live is to never stop learning and discovering new things. She had always wanted to do one big meaningful thing that would affect someone's life. She couldn't care less if she didn't get credited for it. All she cared about was that her effort was one of the things that made it happen.

She was lost in her own train of thoughts, until a familiar voice stopped it.

"She would be okay tomorrow, I'm sure of that," a woman said.

"I hope so too," a man said. "It was unfortunate that this happened during our vacation,"

"Alexandra is a tough girl," the woman said that resulted in a laughter of a child.

"Thank you so much for your time, Doctor," another woman said.

"My pleasure. Have a safe trip home, Mr. and Mrs. Westbrooke,"

Alexandra froze. She was right, it was her father's car. She didn't remember going to Seattle when she was a little. Maybe because she was only four at the time.

She missed her dad. Her heart was longing to see him again. But she was furious at him too. How could he be so irresponsible? Her father had just killed an innocent child.

She just wanted to see his face again.
'Just make sure you don't run into yourself' Alejandro's voice echoed in her head. But it was too late. She had already turned her head.
Damian suddenly recognized her. He stood still. He was afraid that the teenage girl will snitch on him.

She saw her father and all she had in mind was how much she missed him. She glanced over his side and saw her mother. She looked so much younger and fresh. She was really pretty back then.

She noticed that she was holding a girl in her arms.

It must be her.

But it was too late.

When she looked at her, their eyes met.
Everything around her suddenly froze. It was total silence. All she could hear was her own breathing and rapid heartbeats.
She couldn't move. She couldn't blink. She couldn't scream.

Contentment.

She felt nothing but contentment. She was grateful for what had happened in her life, even though she didn't know what would happen next. She didn't see this one coming, but she wasn't scared at all.

It was only a few seconds later when everything went black. Everything started fading away like a soaked tint on a piece of paper.

And in that moment, the world stopped moving.