Chapter Eight - Truth Be Told

The rain didn't stop. It was Thursday morning and the rain was still dropping heavily. As much as she loved the rain, she still wanted it to stop. Moreover, waking up to the sound of rain made her want to sleep longer.

​"Should I fake sick?" she murmured with her eyes closed.

​After gathering all the force, she decided to get up. She stood in front of the mirror and she realized that she has been like this all night. Her hair was messy, like she had been struck by lightning. The dark circles around her eyes were even worse; she looked like a raccoon, but more human.

​"Bloody hell," she completely sounded like a British.

​Katherine suddenly burst to the bedroom and looked all shocked. "Bloody hell," she said as she froze. "Did you go to a club last night? What did you drink? You are sixteen for God's sake!"

​"Caught on the rain last night, nothing more. Just please, relax," she sighed. "I think I catch a cold," she said.

​"Cold?" Katherine put her palm on her forehead. "No you're not. Take a shower already or you'll be late,"

​"Well that was a failure," she said as soon as Katherine left, knowing that her plan failed.

​She took a brisk shower and ate only a few bites of her breakfast. She arrived at the school just couple minutes before the gate closed. She didn't have a class until the next hour so she decided to hang out in the break room. She did what Dawn told her; moving the bean bag chair near the balcony and silently judge people downstairs.

​"Alex!" a girl shouted.

​"Mags!"

​"I'm so bored! I literally have no one to talk to. My boyfriend is late and I just don't know what to do," Maggie said and took a seat. "So, you're becoming so close with Dawn nowadays,"

​"Yeah, why?"

​"I know she's your best friend, but she's not a really good person,"

​"Excuse me?" Alexandra said, feeling offended.

​"I'm sorry for saying this, but I don't think you should get any closer to her," Maggie said and earned Alexandra's curiosity. "For starters, she had no friend until you came along. She has bad personalities. Not to mention, her drinking problem,"

​"Her what?"

​"She was caught drinking in a club downtown and arrested for underage-drinking. The school should've dropped her out, but they didn't. I'm sure you know that her father owns this school for generations and maybe that's why,"

​"Let's be honest, some of us drink at some point of time," Alexandra tried to defend her best friend. Alexandra had never heard anything like that during her time in Heverbrew. She wasn't surprised, though, on the fact that Dawn didn't have any friend beside her since she never saw her hanging out with anyone else but her.

​"Well, yeah, who doesn't? You have no idea how hangover she was almost every morning before you got here," Maggie continued. "I'm glad that doesn't happen anymore since she met you,"

​"Mags, don't be crazy. How do you know all these things anyway?"

​"Look, Dawn and I were friends for years since first grade. Everything went well until her mother got sick. Then she started acting weird. She started swearing in class, threatening students and teachers, and she would skip classes and hide in the restroom. She was dropped out and moved to God knows how many schools," Maggie said. "Then we met again here. She did change though, but it went back since her father abandoned her. Rumors said that she started drinking and going to clubs and some said she's doing drugs now,"