Chapter Seven - Confession

It was her eighth Monday in Seattle and she never stopped hating that day. She never told about what happened three days ago to anyone, not yet. She spent her weekends thinking about the lift, the dark room, and the two exam sheets that belonged to Alejandro Luca.

​​Was he the guy London told her about? Or maybe he was just another Alejandro? Besides, the Forever School Bulletin didn't put his last name so it could be anyone... right?

​​Her mother was away on weekends, just like how she used to be when they were still in Manhattan. Alexandra spent her weekends by herself. She still didn't receive any message from Dawn, she didn't even start a conversation either. She was scared.

​​School mornings were as usual as they used to be. She woke up at six, ate her usual breakfast which was frozen food, and went to school by a car and didn't talk to her mother at all.
​​First period was English Literature 1, same class as Dawn. Her anxiety rose to the highest level. She didn't want Dawn to ask her bunch of questions regarding why she was missing three days ago. She couldn't lie either, Dawn could easily detect a lie.

​​She walked towards her class, but then stopped right on the door. She peeped a little to see if Dawn was already there. Apparently, she was there, sitting on her usual seat.

​​"Hey, Dawn! You came earlier than I thought," Alexandra said. She was trying to avoid weird gestures.

​​"Umm, I always come at this kind of hour," Dawn confused.

​​"Oh yeah? I forgot haha!" she said, making the situation awkward.

​​"Are you feeling well?" Dawn said after Alexandra took a seat.

​​"Well? Why wouldn't I be?"

​​"You were sick, right?" Dawn asked. "That's why you came home earlier on Friday,"

​​"Oh yeah! I was sick," Alexandra said and coughed a little. "Who told you that?"

​​"London," Dawn said. "Well, he didn't actually know where you were so he assumed that you were sick and went home. So was it true?"

​​"Yeah! Yeah it's true, I sneezed a few times and I was kind of worried so I went home," she said and kept trying to avoid 'lying' gestures.

​​"I was thinking of visiting you, but I didn't do it because I thought you had to rest," she said, feeling a little guilty. "You're better right now, right?"

​​"Of course. Medicines helped a lot!" she smiled.

​​Alexandra took her books out of her bag and put them on the desk. It was still fifteen minutes to first period and she was already bored. Then, she took all of her stationary from the pencil case and started building something. She built an airplane from a ruler and three pens. She also built a small fort out of erasers, pencil sharpener, pencils, and pens. Dawn was just staring confusingly at her best friend's unusual behavior, although she would prefer using the words 'a kid in a teen body'.

​​"If you don't stop right now I will throw them out of here," Dawn joked. Alexandra was confused whether she was being serious or not. "I mean it," Dawn said in lower tone.

​​"I'm bored! Ugh!" she sighed.

​​"Look!" Dawn said and gave Alexandra her phone. "Murder In New Year's Eve is out now!"

​​"No! No way! We have to see this!"

​​"How about Wednesday?"

​​"That sounds like fun!" Alexandra cheered.
​​"Oh and since you just recovered, this one's on me,"