Chapter Thirty Three

Sara

Our plane had just landed in New York and I felt like I was at home already. I was a Broadway star, raised in the musical theater world. I won a tony. Before Grey's, I would walk the streets of New York after one of my shows and feel the crispy, cool air in my lungs and I would be able to breathe with the biggest smile on my face.

I love Los Angeles. But it is so hard for me to breathe.

Our flight left California at 7:00 PM, putting us in the New York JFK Airport at 11:00. However, due to the time difference, it was technically 2:00 AM in New York. 

Ramona was being particularly annoying tonight, acting like a tourist instead of like a normal human being. For example, when we passed by the gift shop on our way to baggage claim, she ran in and bought a #1 NYC foam figure and an I <3 NYC tshirt. It was so bothersome to me. She wasn't doing anything wrong and I'm sure to anyone else, she must have seemed endearing and adorable. But from my perspective, she was annoying.

"Come on, Ramona." I say, grabbing her suitcase and mine. I was so excited to be back in New York but so annoyed that I was back with her. I felt like I had made a huge mistake in saying yes to her.

She grins at me and approaches, grabbing my hand as we walk to the exit. Not many people were around, but to anyone who didn't know that we were in New York City, they would think it was a huge crowd of people.

Once we hailed a taxi at the front, I went to the trunk to throw our things inside. I looked at myself in the glazed yellow reflection and saw my black wavy hair that was to my shoulder, my full face of makeup, my hunter green sweater that accented my olive complexion and dark features. My dark blue denim jeans that squeezed my ass in all of the right places, my black boots with the heel on them that made me look a bit more badass than before. My leather jacket. I looked at my appearance and at the beautiful woman I was traveling with and thought, "Wow. Everyone who looks at me thinks that I have it all together. I look like I have it all together. But I don't."

With that, I got in the taxi with Ramona and we headed out to our hotel, NYC Boutique.