Chapter Twenty Two

Jessica

When Andrew came out of the bathroom, he put his hand on my shoulder.
"Why are you crying, Sunshine?"
"Don't call me Sunshine." I say, yanking away from him.
"What? What happened?"
"You left me. You took my kids, you took their belongings and over half of the furniture on our home. We're DIVORCED for gods sake! I have moved on, and it's time you did too. And by the way, don't think about suing Sara, because you took most of my belongings so I can sue you first,"
His mouth hangs open. "I was right. All along, I was right! I knew it. I knew you were gay!"
"Wrong!" I say. "I've never been straight and trust me I am not gay. Gender doesn't matter to me. This isn't a I don't like you because you're a man. This is a I don't like you because you're a fucking little bastard who thinks it's okay to sue the woman I might have feelings for! You also took my kids and my things, and you come back? How dare you? How dare you have the audacity to - I DON'T CARE ABOUT GENDER I CARE ABOUT PERSONALITY AND YOUR PERSONALITY IS TERRIBLE AND RUDE. NOW GET OUT OF MY FUCKING APARTMENT BEFORE I FILE A RESTRAINING ORDER."
He turns to leave, but then faces me one last time.
"If you start a relationship with that woman I will be sure to make her life a living hell, and trust me I know how. So don't even think about it."
And with that, he leaves.