Chapter Two

Sara

Jessica was supposed to stop by the house, but I haven't seen her.
Now it was about three in the morning, and I was listening to music and memorizing my lines with for the next episode.
I have a sleeping disorder called insomnia, which makes me unable to sleep until completely worn out.
Suddenly, there's a knock.
So soft, it's barley noticeable.
It was probably nothing, but something forces me to walk over to the door.
Opening it, I gasp.
It was Jessica. It was pouring rain and she was drenched. She must have walked here from her pent house. Eye liner and mascara was running down her face, and her hair was soaked. Her clothes were completely wet.
"I'm - I'm sorry to b-bother you but I kn-knew you'd be a-awake. C-can I stay t-the night? I-I'm sorry."
After she says that, she inhales shakily.
Very softly, she whispers my name under her breath. "Sara. Please."
Realizing the situation after the shock wears off, I step down the three steps of my trailer out in the rain and I scoop up the weeping woman, holding her to me and then carrying her inside, shutting the door behind me.
She rests her head on my shoulder as I take her to the bathroom.
She doesn't fuss, or rather react at all when I begin to peel off her drenched shirt. She doesn't react when I unbutton her jeans, nor when I peel them off of her tight skin.
She was just - empty. Her eyes were empty. Her voice hollow.
I unstrap her bra and tug it off of her, and I do the same with her panties, shoes and socks.
Once she's undressed, I turn the bath on warm water, scooping the cold woman in my arms once again and setting her down in the water. She begins crying again as I bathe her.
"Sara I'm sorry. I don't deserve this. I'm sorry."
"Shhhhh..." I say, running shampoo in her hair.
She says nine simple words after that. "He left. And he took the kids with him."