Chapter 22

Asahi Azumane & Yū Nishinoya

~Age 10: New Friend~

I smiled happily. Tanaka and Noya were getting along better that I could have imagined. I looked at the two of them chasing each other. 'Classic Noya and Ryū.' I chuckled. It's was great pastime to watch the two play around and rough-house.

As I laughed, Noya and Tanaka looked at me. I looked at them a nervously laughed and glanced at them. Wide evil grins covered their faces. My eyes widened.
"No, don't you dare!" I yelled defensively as they slowly started walking towards me. I yelled again.
"I'm warning you! Don't do it!" They still continued walking my way till they were only arms length away. I looked at them nervously. They stayed silent for a bit.
.
.
.
.
"TICKLE FIGHT!" They both yelled. I shrieked in terror and laugher.
"Nooooooooooo!" I yelled as I started running. They followed close behind, running as fast as they could. We all continued laughed until we tripped over each other and fell onto the ground laughed our heads off.

~Age 15: Heartbreak~

Tears streamed down my face. I couldn't believe he would do that. I knew that he flirted with other girls jokingly, but that was just over the limit. That's not called flirting anymore, that's called cheating. Especially when it's been happening behind my back for 7 months.

"It's alright (Y/N). He didn't deserve you at all, okay? He's completely worthless." Noya said both in anger and pity.
"I g-guess, but I-it hurts. It's l-like my heart is in t-two pieces." I sobbed out. Nota just rubbed my back and hugged me.
"It'll be alright, we'll find someone else for you! There will be better people for you!" He said. I though about that for a moment. He was right, I can find someone else.

"H-hello? S-sorry to bother, b-but I h-heard crying and got worried s-so I came to check who it was." A voice stuttered both nervously and worried.
"H-hey Asahi. S-Sorry to worry you. I-I just broke up with Yuuji a-and ran in here so the others wouldn't see m-me." I finished. I looked up at him ashamed that he had to see my cry. All he did was look at me for a few seconds before giving me a hug. My eyes widened. He's not the best with emotions.
"I k-know I'm not the best with emotions, b-but I can tell you that your an amazing person and he was stupid to lose you. He should be glad he got a chance with you, you know?" He said. I smiled as I hugged him back tightly.
"Yeah, it's just painful."
"It will be, but you'll find someone new." He said. As the hug disappeared, Noya stood up.
"I have to go. See you (Y/N)!" He yelled and walked away.
"Bye." I said back. Asahi looked at me, helping me stand up and wipe my tears.
"Let's finish lunch?" He asked rubbing his neck.
"Sure." I smiled sheepishly.

~Age 17~

I smiled happily as I walked down the hallway to my class. The past few days have been amazing and very eventful. I'm glad that everything at the moment is as great as it can possibly be. Even if my ex cheated, there's always that right person like Asahi and Noya said. I believe that very well.

"You seem happier than usual today." Asahi said smiling.
"Yeah! You seem all excited and lovey-dovey today." Noya also pointed out.
"Well I am! A few things have happened." I said. I was going to continue, but the randomly started guessing.
"Your ex had an accident?"
"He died!?"
"Ryū's karma caught up?!"
"Your grades aren't really high?!"
"You have new friends?!"
"New guy friends?!"
"New girl friends?!"
"No you guys, none of those besides my grades and Ryū's karma are true, but that's not why I'm happy happy." I said laughing at them. They looked confused.
.
.
.
.
.
"I'm now on the males volleyball team." I said.
.
.
.
.
"What?!" They both exclaimed.
"Is that allowed?" Asahi asked.
"It is actually. There is no law or rule against it. It's basically just like gym class. I still change in the girls room so don't be weird Noya." I said. Noya looked at me with a fake frown that turned into a stupid child-like smile that I laughed at.
"Well that's awesome! I mean, you could help us with it and stuff!" Noya said.
"Yeah, that's kinda the point." I said.
"So what position? Manager, manager assistant, coach?" They both asked. I shook my head at their answers.
"I'm none of those. I'm actually a player, believe it or not." I said. Noya's smile widened. I laughed.
"Awesome!" He said. Asahi laughed at him.

"And what's this other thing?" Asahi asked. An immediate blush spread across my face. They looked with wide and amused eyes.
"Oh, so it's a boy." Noya cooed. I looked at he embarrassed. I didn't know what else to say, preferable how to say it.
"I-it's not one boy. I-it's two." I said red as a tomato. "W-we started all d-dating yesterday." I said hiding my face. I could tell they were looking at me about to say something but I panicked.
"Igetifyouthinkitsgrossanddontwannabemyfriendsanymore-"
"Hey! Calm down! It's alright. We still accept you." Noya said smiling.
"Yeah, I mean I-I'm gay so I think it's okay." Asahi said. Once he realized what he said he panicked. Noya and I laughed.

"It's okay. So I guess I'm poly and bi, your gay, and your straight." I said. Noya turned a bit pink.
"N-no (Y/N), I'm also gay." He said. I started fangirling.
"My ship will surely sail now bitch." I said. They both looked at me weirdly.
"What?"
"Nothing!"

~Age 18: Birthday~

"Gomen (Y/N)! We're so sorry we didn't show up sooner!" Voices yelled. I looked to see the whole volleyball team standing in my porch. I gave everyone a look of confusion and excitement. I was speechless. They brought presents and food.

"What are you all doing here? I know it's my birthday and I-"
"We know we didn't have to come but we wanted to, besides, it was all Asahi and Noya's idea." Suga said.
"Yeah! We still would have come anyway!" Hinita said.
"We're all here right? Let's get a party going alright?" Tanaka said.
"Yeah!"

"If every devil has their halo, every angel has its horns."