Let the Games Begin

Today was the day of the Sports Festival, Izuku had everything ready. Thousands of people in the stands cheering and all he needed was one good quirk to turn the entire place upside down. Izuku gathered with the other students inside the waiting area. 

"Izuku aren't you excited," Uraraka said walking up beside him.

"Not really, I don't understand why people get so excited over this. It's just track-and-field at any other school."

"We're the future of upcoming heroes, I'm sure they're all here see what we can do." Kirishima joining the conversation

"Why not have a quirk Olympics or other types of quirk sports. The only thing people are excited to see is kids beating each other up."

The entire room stopped chatting to themselves all looked at Izuku, no one could ever tell if Izuku was being pessimistic or realistic. As they were lost in thought the giant doors leading to the arena opened as they stepped forward. Since Izuku ranked the highest in the entrance exam he was leading the others towards the center of the stadium.

the other groups all walked towards the center as Present Mic began to announce everyone in his usual loud style. Izuku looked at the full stadium, the faces of the audience blurred together unable to tell the heroes apart from such a distance.

As the announcements continued Izuku turned to the others "does anyone know why this school has three different business courses in a school designed for heroes?"

"Why do we even need the general study nobodies," Bakugo added in.

"That one purple-haired kid said they transfer some general study students to hero studies if they prove themselves," Deku mentioned

"I'll crush them all!" Bakugo responded

As the R-rated Hero, Ms. Midnight walks on stage the crowed and students begin to talk about her.

"So that's how they're promoting the first years, no wonder the turnout was huge," Izuku said.

"What do you mean?" Uraraka asked.

"We aren't legally allowed to work with or train our quirks until we enter a hero academy, and since it's our first year we haven't had much time to train. This entire contest will end with natural talent, not skill."

"Still I'll do my best!" Uraraka was beaming with positivity. 

"You sound like you don't have natural talent," Izuku pointed out.

"Well compared to you, Bakugo, and Todoroki, I don't think I do,"

"Representing the students is Izuku Midoriya from Class One A!" Midnight shouted.

Izuku walks up to the stands with a smile and opens his arms. "I pledge that this event will be one you never forget."

As Izuku steps down everyone began to mutter how generic it sounded. Only one person in the stands sensed malicious intent, Shigaraki.

"Let's start right away!" Midnight yelled.

A giant screen showed a roulette wheel that spun before showing that the first even will be an obstacle course. As everyone began to position themselves for running Izuku decided to stay right behind Todoroki. 

"As long as you stay on course you can do anything you want!" Midnight said.

As the event starts Todoorki immediately freezes the area trapping most of the students. The students from the same class and the second hero class easily dodge the ice. Izuku runs along melting any ice that comes in contact with him as he stays behind Todoroki, using him to eliminate anything in his way.

"Don't worry I'll let you take first," Izuku said smiling when Todokri glanced back to see who was behind him. 

It only took a few feet before the first obstacle appeared, a group of giant robots that were used in the entrance exam. 

"And they didn't even give me my knife, dang," Izuku said.

All it took was one motion before Todoroki began running again, he froze the robot in front of him and Izuku followed right behind. Once they were through the robot began collapsing behind them. 

"I wonder if that landed on anyone?" Izuku wondered looking back as he ran.

"Not my problem," Todoroki said.

The other heroes managed to make it past with their quirks, they all make it to a giant pit with only a few platforms and ropes tieing them together. Todoroki immediately freezes the ropes sliding across. Izuku takes a deep breath and runs across activating the quirk levitation, he stretched out his arms to make it look like he's balancing across.

As they approached the final obstacle Bakugo was gaining on them, there was a minefield surrounded by a fence, as Todoroki begins walking across Bakugo blasts off after him. Izuku looked at the minefield and shrugged and he walked to the fence and climbed on balancing himself along the outside. 

"W-what is that legal!" Present Mic shouted.

"You did say we could do anything," Izuku said to himself.

Todoroki and Bakugo began to fight each other giving Izuku enough time to catch up along the outside. Once Bakugo noticed this he bolted on ahead with Todorki freezing the ground to not worry about the mines.

"I'll see you there," Izuku said as he casually made his way around reaching third place.  With Todoroki being first and Bakugo being second.

"Ugh I couldn't make first," Bakguo complained as Izuku shook his head. "What are you doing looking down at me, I beat you!" 

A thought came into Izuku's mind, what if he took Bakugo's quirk. Imagining how his ego would crumble without his quirk. This made Izuku chuckle a bit.

"What the hell are you laughing at?" 

"You," 

"You better pray we don't end up against each other or  I'll kill you!"

"You'll only beat me if I allow it," Izuku smiled.

----------------------------

So with everything happening I had a lot of free time, enough time to actually update this story.