Truth and Lies

Large metal doors would slowly open as Shimura steps through. He takes a seat in front of a glass window, and on the other side was All for One, bound with only tubes sustaining him.

"Now there is someone I haven't talked to in a long time, Tomura," All for One chuckled.

"My name is Tenko Shimura, All Might's successor," Shimura replied.

"Alright then, All Might's successor, what can I do for you?" All for One mocked.

"I'm here to set a few things straight, All for One," This was the first time Shimura interacted with All for One. Being told he would've been the one to fight this dangerous villain, Shimura wanted to understand him and Izuku.

"Set a few things straight? Since when did you talk in such a roundabout way. You use to be more direct when speaking, Shigaraki," All for One pointed out.

"Don't talk as if you know me; I'm well aware of your mind games," Shimura replied.

"Mind games? I'm sorry, it must be hard having All Might keep it a secret from you."

Shimura brushed off All for One's statement, "I want you to tell me where Izuku is."

"Haven't the slightest, his actions will depend on the current state of affairs. If the heroes start to lose their grip, Izuku might make an appearance."

"What were you trying to achieve? I had another look at Izuku's records, and he was quirkless. You gave him the quirk he used at UA, but why go through the effort?"

"You wouldn't understand. You've been around All Might so long you lack the imagination to comprehend it. You and Izuku are the same, both the successors to power quirks that could change this country. No matter which side one of you joins, the other is destined to oppose it. It's that simple."

"But what makes Izuku so special to you?" Shimura asked, wanting some clue on Izuku.

"What an odd question to ask. I admit I took Izuku becasue he is the anthesis to you. However, I've come to understand what made the boy so valuable to All Might. He can exceed your expectations in the most amusing of ways."

Shimura noted that All for One wasn't giving up any useable information. So he decided to throw out a final comment before ending the conversation with the villain.

"With all the confidence you seem to place on Izuku, I guess he doesn't feel the same about you since he left you to rot here in prison."

"And I'm proud my bird is leaving the nest. My reach in the underworld is far greater than you could possibly comprehend. If I stayed free, Izuku would be bound to my shadow and wouldn't grow, and I expect him to grow into someone greater than me."

"Shimura, you only have a few minutes left," One of the guards called over an intercom.

"Aww, our time is drawing to a close. I'm rather enjoying our conversation, like talking with a son you don't see very often."

"Again with the mind games?" Shimura sighed.

"Whether you believe me or not is irrelevant, but when you can no longer deny it, how will you react? When you face everything All Might hid from you, can you remain the hero he wanted?"

"You won't know," Shimura retorted. "Even if everything you say is true, none of it matters. The only thing that matters is stopping Izuku and whatever your planning. Just as All Might defeated you time and again, I'll stop Izuku. I'll smash the future you desire, completely!"

"Times up sir, please exit," The voice over the intercom said as the metal doors opened.

"I've only set the stage, and this time you're not the lead actor."

"Izuku being the lead actor in your failed performance?" Shimura scoffed as he started to leave.

"Perhaps, he could also end up the director of his own performance. Time will tell," Shimura turned as the doors closed on All for One's grinning face.

Outside the prison, Tsukauchi would be waiting in his car. "Were you able to get any information?"

"Of course not," Shimura sighed. "Oh, before we head over to UA, please be careful, especially with one of the students. Things are probably rough for them right now."

"I'll do my best, and this could all be pointless anyway. I'm just following up on all possible leads," Tsukauchi stated as he drove them to UA.

At UA, Uraraka would open the doors to the classroom moments before the bell rang. "I was almost late," she panted as she looked at her class. "For some reason, people were giving me strange looks on the way here, and I had to take an alternate route."

The students would glance at one another awkwardly before Asui approached. "Haven't you seen what people been saying online?"

Uraraka looked somewhat confused before holding her cheap flip phone. Jiro would take out her phone walk over to her, showing page after page of people accusing Uraraka of being another UA traitor.

"That's not true. Where did people even get an idea like this?" Uraraka stated as she started to panic.

"It was a tabloid article; they did a few interviews with some students in the general courses and discovered how close you were with Izuku. When the article was released, it just blew up online, and everyone believes it as fact." Yaoyorozu explained.

Uraraka was scanning through all the comments before coming across the thing she was afraid to see. "Glad to see the parents are being punished for raising such a horrible child." the comment said, as it linked to an article involving Uraraka's family.

The article was small and was in a local newspaper where Uraraka's family lived. It stated how the business her family ran closed down due to death threats.

"That's..." Uraraka couldn't even finish as she handed the phone back to Jiro. "Excuse me," as she ran to the door to go call her family, Shimura and Detective Tsukauchi walked in.

"Uraraka, could you take your seat? There is something important I have to discuss with the class," Shimura stated.

"Can I call my parents first? It's an emergency," Uraraka replied, as she was bouncing on the spot, feeling extremely anxious.

"Alright, but come back quick," Shimura replied, receiving a sideward glance from Tsukauchi.

"Thank you," Uraraka beamed, quickly going into the nearby bathroom and calling. "We're sorry you have reached a number that has been disconnected or is no longer in service if you-" Uraraka hung up the phone in disbelief. "I hope they're okay," she muttered, staring at the bathroom wall a few moments before going back to class.

On the way back, she passed another student who was heading to the washroom. The student quickly went to the wall, wanting to avoid Uraraka. She understood that everyone in school probably believed the lies and considered dropping out of school.