A Hero's Promise

Failure, regret, inadequate, these words hounded Uraraka as she looked out the hospital window. She couldn't help but see herself as the reason for Izuku's disappearance. If she were stronger or faster, maybe she could have saved Izuku. How could she be a hero if she could only rescue a single person before being sent to the hospital?

As Uraraka continued to bury these negative feelings within herself, the door would open, and most of her class would walk in.

"How're you feeling?" Asui would ask.

"I'm feeling better," Uraraka showed her bubbly self to her class, keeping her negative thoughts to herself. "Recovery girl came by and healed me already. She wanted me to keep the cast on, just in case there were any complications her quirk couldn't fix."

"That's good; Momo is currently talking with the pros, but Hagakure and Jiro are still unconscious from the gas," Kaminari stated.

"Class B also lost two students," Kirishima said regretfully.

"They were led by the same bastard from the Sports Festival assault, All for None!" Bakugo shouted.

"I think you mean One," Kaminari corrected.

"Don't care!" Bakugo fired back.

"You seem tenser than usual. Is it becasue Izuku's missing?" Kirishima asked.

"Why would I care about him? Arrogantly thinks he's better than me but then gets himself captured. I-" A loud sound was heard as Bakugo's head jerked from the sudden impact across his face.

Uraraka, who had been sitting and listening to her classmates, couldn't suppress her negative feeling anymore. Lashing out at Bakugo, with her hand slapping him hard across his face.

"What the hell do you know anyway? Everything you say is always about you, but could you put yourself on the line for someone else!? Every single civilian's life is more valuable than your own!"

Bakugo's anger hit its boiling point as he glared at Uraraka. He knew better than to actually fight in a hospital but swore to settle this later. Turning around, he headed out of the room and slammed the door behind him.

"I don't think there was any need to go that far. I know Bakugo is worried about Izuku, but he just isn't good at expressing himself," Kaminari stated.

Uraraka let out a sigh as she sat down on the bed. "I know, but it doesn't give him the right to disregard how others might be feeling," She looked down at gripped at the hospital gown. The pain and regret she was feeling still hadn't stopped. It was still fresh in her mind and pricked at her heart.

A moment later, the door opened again as All Might walked through it. "My, I see the rest of you are all together. I just finished checking up with the others, and they'll all make a full recovery."

"That's great to hear!" Kaminari shouted as the rest of the class happily chatted amongst themselves.

"What about Izuku?" Uraraka cut in. "Because of me he was taken, becasue of me the villain escaped, becasue of me Izuku might be dead, becasue of me....."

"Becasue of you, a young boy is still alive. Thanks to you, we know what the villain who took Izuku looks like. You have much to be proud of, young Uraraka." All Might stated proudly.

All Might's words would've filled Uraraka with hope during this moment, but something different came to her mind. "Is that what you would say if you failed to save someone?"

The entire atmosphere turned cold as All Might felt like a sharp pain shoot through him. No hero was perfect, not even All Might. There were times where he couldn't save everyone, and there were times where even he felt powerless.

"There are times when even I can't save someone, I couldn't even do anything for you kids when you needed it. To reflect on one's actions is to grow, but to dwell only on the mistakes will prevent you from saving someone else. If you were to face that same situation again, could you change anything?"

"No, I couldn't do anything then, and I doubt I could now."

"Then grow, reflect, and change! Engrave the motto of the school in your hearts and go beyond, Plus Ultra! I promise we will bring Izuku back."

Uraraka's doubts felt lighter as All Might's words broke through. If she kept concentrated on those negative things, then she couldn't be a hero anymore, and she wouldn't be able to save anyone again. "Sorry for what I said, All Might."

"Think nothing of it, we all have doubts, and it's a hero's job to help clear those away," All Might turns to leave the room. "If you excuse me, it's time the heroes arrested these villains."

Outside the room, Shimura was waiting for All Might, "so when do we leave?"

"You have to stay with Kan since you and he are going to attend a press conference. Being the teachers of classes A and B, you have to soothe the feelings of the people." All Might says.

"Were talking about All for One, your strength isn't nearly as great as it was before. I know as the pillar of society you have to go, but I feel I have to go with you." Shimura stated.

"We all have our responsibilities. I'm sure Kan wants to avenge his students more than anything, but he knows his responsibilities as you do. He needs you to support him more than I do."

"I understand, but be careful."

"Of course, I'll even have Endeavour watching my back."

Shimura sighed and smiled. "If your able to tell a joke like that, then maybe things will be fine."