My Last Boy

Roanoke Ridge USA 1899

Things have just continued to deteriorate and get worse with the gang over the last couple weeks. It makes me real sad seeing everyone bickering and fighting this group used to be family. Dutch has dug us deeper in the Native Americans situation and he has this idea that if we make enough noise and chaos we'll be able to leave without issue. Good luck. Micah has also brought in two new guns. Joe and Cleet. None of us like them but we're all just riding along with Dutch until all this ends which is inevitable. We were all hanging out around camp when suddenly a bunch of the natives rode in on horses being led by Eagle Flies.

Eagle Flies: Dutch, Arthur, Charles! They tried to kill my people for oil. Today we ride once more. Ride with me, ride with us! Ride with us against the factory!

Dutch: I love your courage son. It is a thing of great beauty.

Rains Fall: Stop!

Suddenly Eagle Flies father Rains Fall came in on his horse. He got off and went to try to stop his son.

Rains Fall: Everyone stop! My son. My last son. Don't. When I was your age I fought. I saw death and I have killed. The men I knew were slain. Maybe you were right maybe the slow death is worse than a fast one. Maybe a world in which they came to us is a world we cannot endure! But endure we must.

Eagle Flies: Father you are tired.

Rains Fall: Do not die for pride my son. We have suffered too much in this trick. They endure and we must endure. My only boy, my precious boy. Do not mistake my strength for weakness as your chief I implore you.

Eagle Flies: Your words mean nothing to me father. Ride with me now!

Eagle Flies and the rest of the natives then rode off to the oil factories most likely to their deaths. Rains Fall looked helpless and I felt sorry for him. Dutch had just drove his son to a fight he cannot win. Rains Fall then approached all of us.

Rains Fall: Please. Arthur after you helped me after we spoke. This is just a trap. My son my people will die.

Dutch: You helped this feller, Arthur?

Arthur: What of it?

Micah: What else have you been doing behind Dutch's back?

Arthur: What?

Rains Fall: The wars are over. We have lost. These young men will be annihilated. Please.

Arthur: I'll see what I can do. Charles?

Charles nodded and they walked towards the horses.

Arthur: Who else will come with me?

Ethan: I will.

Sadie: Me too.

John: And me.

Dutch: Oh I'll ride Arthur. Who knows what other secrets I'll find out about. Who else?

Micah: Me and the boys'll always ride with you boss.

Javier: Me too.

Bill: And me...I guess.

We all mounted up and began to ride to the oil factory.

Dutch: What else have you been doing behind my back Arthur?