Saving Tilly

Bayou USA 1899

I was sitting next to the fire with Sadie at camp smoking a cigarette and drinking a cup of coffee when I suddenly saw Miss Grimshaw storming towards me.

Miss Grimshaw: Mr. Morgan! Mr. Morgan we have a problem. A real problem it's Tilly.

Ethan: What's goin' on?

Miss Grimshaw: She's been taken by them Foreman brothers she used to run with. Come along.

Ethan: The Foreman brothers? What are they doing here?

Miss Grimshaw: Well I don't know what they've been doing here but I can tell you what they're going to be doing here. Dying!

Ethan: Sure do we need more guns?

Miss Grimshaw: You and I can handle this Ethan.

Sadie: I'll go.

Ethan: No you stay. Trust me this'll be easy.

Sadie: Alright. Be safe.

Ethan: Always.

Sadie then kissed me real quick and I hopped in the wagon with Miss Grimshaw and began to ride out.

Ethan: Where we headed?

Miss Grimshaw: Towards Rhodes.

Ethan: She's in Rhodes?

Miss Grimshaw: No she's at a place called Radley's house just west of there.

Ethan: How do you know?

Miss Grimshaw: When we first got here she told me she was worried that our camp was near a safehouse that gang she ran with used from time to time.

Ethan: Did you tell Dutch?

Miss Grimshaw: No. She spoke to me in confidence I suppose I didn't think it would be a problem.

Ethan: And now it is.

Miss Grimshaw: Oh yes.

Ethan: What do they want with her anyways? Arthur told me he saw one of the Foreman's hassling her in Valentine.

Miss Grimshaw: You don't know what happened? She killed one of them for good reason but clearly the don't see it that way.

Ethan: Tilly? Killed someone?

Miss Grimshaw: Yes young Tilly Jackson isn't as sweet and innocent as you might think but like I say she was defending herself she fled and fell in with us right after that. I just hope we can get to her in time.

Ethan: It's not too far.

Miss Grimshaw: If they've touched a single hair on that girls head I will eviscerate the sons of bitches.

Ethan: See you do care Miss Grimshaw.

Miss Grimshaw: Of course I care. About all of you fools.

We rode a bit further before we saw a house that seemed like the safe house we were looking for.

Miss Grimshaw: Okay I think that's the place up ahead.

We approached the house and stopped the wagon. There was a guard up front. Miss Grimshaw got off the wagon and approached him.

Guard: What you want?