21. Edward's Album Part II

Chapter 21

Edward’s Album Part II

Annabelle looked up at the bathroom door to notice Edward was still bathing inside. She looked back at the album contemplating whether to open it or not. It was his private album and private stuff wasn’t meant to be poked in by people who don’t own them but here, Annabelle’s name was written clearly on the cover. That meant she was also involved in it whether she liked it or not.

So she had a fair shot at opening it and peeking at the contents.

With a burning curiosity eating her inside out, she slowly opened the album. The first page didn’t have anything except a small paragraph written on her. She slowly read it to herself.

‘Annabelle, a name given to a beautiful soul who couldn’t be any purer than she is. This beauty is the water to the fire burning alight inside me. She is the main reason why I am. There isn’t a moment in the day that I don’t think about this fair maiden who captured my heart without a warning and is now its proud owner. I love her, from the very bottom of my heart and without her; I won’t be where I am. She gives me power and she is my only love. As they truly say, you can’t choose who you fall in love with. I never got a choice either when I fell in love with Belle. The moment I saw her, all rational thoughts flew out the window and now here I am, writing this all the while, madly and deeply in love with her. I am nothing without her, and honestly, I don’t want to be anything without her. She is my Belle forever and I am, after all, her Edward.’

Annabelle didn’t notice the tears which had formed in the corner of her eyes and when she ended the note, she blinked twice allowing the tears to flow freely.

She cursed herself, ‘How the hell could I forget a man who is so deeply in love with me? Why did I have to cause that accident? Why me? Why?’

Deciding she had enough of crying, she wiped off her tears and placed a kiss on the note. She then slowly turned the page. The next page consisted of a picture of her and Edward sitting under a tree and licking off huge scoops of ice cream. Annabelle chuckled at the picture and turned the page.

This page had a picture of them both lying on a green pasture. It looked like it was clicked from the above. Annabelle was lying with her feet facing one direction, whereas Edward’s feet were in the opposite direction. They were facing each other and their noses were touching. And their noses were, in fact, the only parts of their bodies which were making any sort of contact.

Annabelle zoned out into a distant memory. She at once began hearing the voices inside her head bringing her to the picture’s flashback.

‘Excuse me sir could you click a picture of me and my girlfriend?’ Edward had asked.

The man had smilingly agreed and thus, they ended up in that ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ cover picture position.

Annabelle had kissed Edward for the first time then.

Slowly she came back to the present. Blinking twice, she gazed at the picture for a while longer before turning the page.

In this picture, they were both holding banners and facing each other. The new memory stroke, thus, began.

‘What does your banner say, Belle?’ Edward had asked.

‘It says, ‘property of Edward Frost’. Do you like it?’ Annabelle had questioned, chuckling to herself.

Edward had laughed and replied, ‘You don’t know how happy it makes me when you address being mine forever. Want to see what my banner says?’

‘Why wouldn’t I?’ Annabelle had asked.