18. Marcus and Edward, Friendship and Goodbye

Chapter 18

Marcus and Edward, Friendships and Goodbyes

“Rise and shine, sleeping Belle,” Edward whispered and shook Annabelle to wake her up. He was up and ready to go for work and was now trying to get Annabelle to do the same since she was the one who wanted to go to work in the first place.

It had been another three weeks of camping in Edward’s house when she finally asked him if she could start going to work. He was against it at first but she slowly took control of things, Belle style. He agreed to let her work if she came and went to the office with him only.

Over the weekends, Rose had brought Sarah to visit them and Annabelle was over the moon on seeing how easily Sarah and Edward got along. They fought of course, like little kids but then Edward did love Sarah as his own little sister which in turn made Sarah warm up quickly to him.

Edward once again shook Annabelle but this time, when she didn’t wake up, he flat out dumped a glass of water over her head from the side table. She shot up, gasping and sputtering un-ladylike curses. Edward fell off the bed, clutching his stomach and laughing louder than he ever had.

Annabelle fumed angrily and jumped out of bed, storming into the closest bathroom. Edward, still laughing shook his head in amusement and turned and walked out of her room.

After a few hours, Annabelle was ready and groomed sitting on her chair in her work place. Her fingers were angrily typing away on the keyboard as she concentrated on the screen. Apparently, she wasn’t yet over Edward and his awful way of waking her up.

After a few minutes, her door opened slowly and Edward walked in, in a casual manner. He crept up behind her and right before he was about to hug her, she turned around and pushed him away in such a fast move, that he lost his balance and fell.

Edward groaned and sat up properly rubbing his aching back while Annabelle was still directing her icy glare towards him. When he brushed himself and stood up, Annabelle rolled her eyes and got up, about to leave the room when Edward jumped forward and clasped his hand around her wrist.

She turned around about to give him the shouting of his life when he silenced her with his lips. Annabelle felt her resolve crumbling around her as she lost herself in the depth of the kiss. Edward skeptically pulled back and brought her hand to his lips, placing a warm kiss on it. He smiled when he saw her shudder and said, “I’m sorry, Belle. Forgive me?”

Annabelle looked at him and finally smiled softly and nodded.

Edward’s grin turned into a smirk as he pushed her against the wall and began ravishing her lips.

A few hours and two make out sessions later, Edward was in his office room, pondering on how to break the news he just received to Annabelle. According to his father, he was supposed to leave for New Orleans in two hours to hold another meeting to discuss the investments for the oil refineries he recently bought there.

He sighed and made up his mind just as a bouncy Annabelle skipped into his office smiling widely. Before he could ask anything, she burst out, “Guess what? I finally finished the preparations for the Crawford deal! I’m so happy! It actually took me three weeks to complete them and make sure everything was perfect. Can you believe that? Wow!”

Edward smiled forgetting about whatever he was going to say and instead, said, “Come here. I knew you could do it. That’s why I asked you to.”

Annabelle smiled as she felt his strong muscular arms engulf her into his body. The smile turned even bigger when she felt his lips, softly peck her forehead. She sighed and laid there for a few moments enjoying the moment when Edward pulled away.