13. Clubbing and Molesting Bartenders

Chapter 13

Clubbing and Molesting Bartenders

“But Rose, I hate clubs. Or parties. Or loud noises.” Annabelle whined.

Rose was about to reply when Annabelle interrupted, “And especially big crowds!”

Rose closed her mouth and sighed. She rubbed her temples to relieve some of the ache which she had been going through since morning. And simply because she wanted to take Annabelle clubbing.

She replied, “Please Annabelle, do this for me. Just this once? You haven’t ever attended a party since high school and that’s like ages ago.”

Annabelle had another reply ready for that as she said, “Well, I have to measure the pros and cons and consider everything carefully and-”

“Annabelle for god’s sake this is a clubbing plan, not a freaking trip to the moon that you have to plan with care.”

Annabelle looked at Rose questioningly. “Then would you care to explain what exactly we HAVE to do?”

“I would if you gave me a chance to speak. All you have to do is wear a sexy dress, stuff a clutch or something with your driver’s license and phone and wear a pair of high-heeled shoes. Oh! And don’t forget the makeup. That’s a necessity. Specially the eyes and hair and-”

Annabelle placed her palm on Rose’s mouth and quietened her down, “Okay, okay I get it. I’ll do it fine?”

Rose’s eyes widened. She gasped and jumped at Annabelle and squeezed her tightly, “Thanks so much Annie! We both really need this.”

Annabelle chuckled and hugged Rose back with equal strength. Then she pulled back and frowned. “What about money? Doesn’t alcohol cost money? Lots of it?”

Rose smirked and replied, “That’s the part I’ll teach you when we reach the club. For now, you just have to close your eyes and enjoy the makeover I’m about to give you dear. To the salon!”

Annabelle had quite an afternoon. All the time she was plucked, waxed, glossed and her hair was given volume and conditioned and styled by one of the most expensive salons in town. After all, it was Rose who was paying, with Edward’s credit card which he lent her himself to pamper Annabelle whenever she felt like it. And one of the perks of being the best friend of a billionaire’s girl was that she could buy things for herself as well. And Rose being Rose, was taking full advantage of the situation.

After Rose’s so called makeover was completed, Annabelle was pulled into her apartment to get ready for the night.

“What shall we do about Sarah?” Annabelle asked Rose anxiously.

“Oh! Sarah? Don’t you worry about the little girl. I’ve asked a babysitter to take care of her while we’re gone.”

Annabelle was sceptical about the fact that after such a long time of taking care of Sarah, she was handing her sister over into the care of a babysitter. The thought didn’t sit well with her as she said, “Rose, I get your all excited to go but leaving my sister in a babysitter’s care is just...um...it’s-”

“No Annabelle. Sarah is like my own sister and you know I only choose what’s best for her. The babysitter is really reliable and trustworthy. She has often taken care of one of my cousin’s daughters and from what I’ve heard, she has a way with kids. Trust me Annabelle, Sarah would love her. And the babysitter will arrive like in thirty minutes or something and stay here till we return. On top of which you know that Sarah will arrive here from school just a few minutes before we leave.”