26. A Bullet For My Love

First of all, I want to apologise for not updating earlier. My account had been reported i think, and I couldn't access it properly for all this while. Happy to say, it's finally off-hold. So here you go :) Thanks for not giving up on my story. Only 3 chapters left for TLM to come to an end. But don't worry, their story will continue in Rose's story which will release on the day I post the epilogue for TLM. Thanks again and enjoy my friends :)

Chapter 26

A Bullet For My Love

Edward

I downed another glass of the strong Jamaican wine I'd been drinking since so long and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand. I didn't know how many I'd taken since the two hours I'd been here for I stopped counting after the fourth drink.

'Here' was a tiny bar across Annabelle's place. Many would think after enduring the shocks of what I'd encountered back inside, I'd want to get as far away from her as possible but no, I just wanted to get as drunk as possible.

This bar was my first choice, mainly because of the cheap quality making it harder for anybody trying to find me and also because of the crowd.

Why did she choose him over me?

That question had been hammering inside my mind, along with a few others, since the second I'd stepped out of her apartment.

I mean I was so much better than Chase.

I was far hotter (duh!), richer (double duh!) and also very much in love with her. That's the only reason I got so possessive and over-protective of her. It wasn't that I didn't trust her. It was the other guys trying to get into her pants that I was wary of.

That was the sole reason for my rash theories of finding them together that day.

I give her space and she does this!

Was she really that suffocated with us?

I didn't want that to be the matter. I was ready to rotate the universe around for her. She was the centre of my world, the only female I could love.

"Is she really?" I heard a voice speak out from beside me.

I must've spoken that out loud.

I turned to my side to find Stella sitting next to me with an amused expression.

"Stella?" I asked. My head was spinning in circles.

"At your service," she smiled.

When she noticed I didn't return her smile, worry crossed her face and she asked, "What's the matter?"

I shrugged and turned to stare straight ahead, sipping more of the delicious wine.

"C'mon Ed, you know you can tell me."

I sighed. She was right. I could confide into her anytime, she would be there for me like always.

"I walked in on Annabelle and Chase making out in her apartment, I think we're done for good."

All this while, I had tried to steer away from that statement, but now that I'd said it, it was no match for the awfully agonising fire eating my mind, inside out. Even though I had already established it, saying it out loud hurt like hell.

Stella gasped but I didn't even turn around to gauge her reaction. I knew it would be pity and sympathy in her eyes which I didn't want right now.

For a long while, we were both bathing in silence apart from the shitty music inside the bar and the chatter of the other people around here.