9. Apologies and Dinner Dates

Chapter 9

Apologies and Dinner Dates

Annabelle slapped her hand on the alarm clock by her bedside which was ringing like there was no tomorrow. She sat upright on her bed and yawned, stretching her limbs as she did so. With the heavy bags perfectly visible under her doe like eyes, she sighed and got up abandoning her beloved bed.

She lost herself in the deepest of thoughts as she trudged towards her windows, pulling away the red blinds and letting sunlight enter her dark room. It was a bright and sunny Friday morning and she couldn’t help but wait to complete her work for the day so she could jump back inside the cosy covers on her bed as she gazed at it longingly.

Work the word quickly made entire sense inside her weary mind as she remembered the events of the past three days. It had been three days since that incident with Edward in the office and she had managed to avoid him like plague considering the fact that she had once again almost punched him and had aimed right for the nose that time. The next day she regretted it all so badly that she just locked herself in her office room saying she had a hell lot to prepare for the upcoming deals and diverted all of Edward’s calls to her colleague Alyssa who willingly took care of them. Alyssa had even tried to flirt with Edward whilst taking his orders which annoyed the hell out of Annabelle when she saw the woman tracing her fingers down Edward’s manly chest through her cabin’s transparent glass doors.

All Annabelle had wanted at that moment was to rip Alyssa’s throat out and give her a piece of her mind but then she would have looked like the crazy and possessive girlfriend which was surely something she wasn’t exactly looking forward to. Although she hadn’t really given much thought on the topic of being his girlfriend. Now that she did think about it, it didn’t sound half as bad as she thought it would. In fact she even liked the idea very much.

Get a grip on yourself Annabelle. You don’t do relationships and especially not ones that involve your boss She thought to herself shaking her head, as she made her way into the bathroom for a hot and relaxing shower so she could get ready for work and maybe even clear her mind of those silly thoughts.

Edward had just finished his shower and was getting out of the bathroom when his eyes landed on the long coffee paper cup on his desk which Annabelle had got for him three days ago. It may have sounded absurd but Edward was one strange man tied to one woman only and this woman seemed to have forgotten him, which was why he wanted to keep something touched by her or brought for him by her –close to himself. It had been four years after all. Four years of hell during which he couldn’t touch Annabelle, couldn’t hold her or hug her, couldn’t kiss her and worst of all couldn’t even talk with her like the typical boyfriend Edward, instead forced to treat her with professionalism and maintain restrictions to certain boundaries. It wasn’t him who had created the proximics of business after all. (A/n: Proximics means the interposed professional space between an employer and his employee in a business company. Those of you who are studying Commerce might know what it means.)

But now that she was back, he wanted to make her his completely by any means for which he had to earn her trust again. He was ready to wait years for it.

During those four years, he had craved and yearned for Annabelle to be beside him, as a wife and lover. The entire four years were hell on earth for him, knowing his angel was somewhere nearby but not being able to be near her actually. He was starving for her sweet kisses and smart ass comebacks. He loved her snarky and feisty attitude and the way she would blush whenever she became nervous or shy. He loved how she was insecure among strangers and shy as well. She only showed her feisty side to her near and dear ones or to those whom she felt extremely comfortable with so he was overjoyed when she started answering him back with sarcastic replies for it was what made him aware of the fact that she was warming up to him.