16. His Unexpected Proposal

Chapter 16

His Unexpected Proposal

“Stop it, Edward,” Annabelle groaned, yet again swatting Edward’s hand away from her bottom. “It’s not funny anymore. Touch my butt again if you want to visit the hospital.”

Edward chuckled and moved his hand away from her bottom. They were currently sitting on the huge and comfortable sofa in front of the T.V. in the living room, watching The Notebook upon Annabelle’s insistence. For now, Annabelle was trying to swat Edward’s hand away from her bottom every time he tried to touch it. Edward was one hell of a persistent guy.

“Can’t you see how long I have waited for you? For four years? For four fucking years I couldn’t touch you, inhale your lovely scent, embrace your little body, and hold your hand, kiss-”

Annabelle quickly interrupted, “I understand, no need to go any further.”

Edward burst out laughing and kissed Annabelle’s shoulder blade. She wriggled out of his hold giggling, “Stop it. It tickles, Ed.”

Edward placed the popcorn bowl from his hand, to the small table ahead, and quickly grabbed Annabelle’s torso, digging his fingers into her stomach and she burst out laughing, squirming and yelling loudly, begging him to let her go.

When Edward leaned in to see her laugh, she thought quickly and grabbed his face bringing his mouth it to her lips and kissed him. Edward stopped at once and reacted quickly, taken by surprise. Their lips moved together in perfect sync.

At long last, Edward finally pulled away to breath. He was dying to tell her that he loved her. He longed to say those three words that he hadn’t uttered to anyone in the past four years. They were exclusively for Annabelle only. And he wouldn’t repeat them to anybody, even if it cost him his life.

He was only Annabelle’s. No other girl could touch him or address him as anything more than a friend or a brother except Annabelle. He longed to put his ring on her finger. He had decided to propose her once she accepted his love and started cherishing it, only if nothing happened before that again.

That day isn’t far now. I’ve waited all this while. I can wait some more,’ he told himself.

On the other hand, Annabelle was trying to process everything in her own slow pace. It had been a week since she had confessed to herself that she was falling for Edward. A week since they had kissed. She was utterly confused, though. She now knew that Edward was her boyfriend before her accident, through that last flashback.

They were a couple. But just how close? The ‘We are boyfriend-girlfriend’ close, the ‘we love each other’ close or the ‘we are going to marry each other’ close? These three closes were driving her crazy as she racked her brain trying to remember which close was it that Edward was with her.

Right now, she cherished his kisses and always loved to snuggle against him. But was there a label to their current relationship? She knew Edward had been through hell without her in the past four years. Was that why he was reluctant to declare that he loves her? Was that the sole reason as to why he was hesitating from a relationship?

She found that she couldn’t concentrate on the movie and instead, turned to face Edward. She gazed at his handsome face, hardly believing that this guy was her boyfriend, before the unfortunate misery. Her brain sunk in his features, his firm jaw that had formed a rough and manly stubble giving him a handsome look, his chiselled nose, his perfect cheekbones and finally his beautiful eyes in which she could drown herself and forget about the rest of the world. Those eyes that she could gaze at the whole day, heck her whole life if she could.