Chapter 15 - Emergence

Nathaniel's POV

Paris had never been as beautiful without Ara by my side. Over the week I had brought her to all my of its finest places, restaurants and museums.

It warmed my heart to see her so excited and fascinated at the Louvre, I knew bringing her to Paris was the right decision. But everytime she was drawn to another painting or sculpture and would walk away, it grew more and more instinctive for me to follow her and place my arm around her protectively. It felt like I needed to be around her all the time. 

By the third night we were sleeping on the same bed, we didn't do anything. Just sleep, although I had to admit it was hard for me to contain myself. She was too beautiful for her own good. But it was enough just to be able to hold her in my arms. It was like her body moulded perfectly into mine. She felt so small against me, I loved the way her breaths came out in slow heaves against my chest as I held her close. I loved being able to brush her hair as she drifted slowly into sleep, a little smile on her face. I never felt the need to protect anyone as much as I did for her. 

But that was when I learnt about her nightmares, she would wake up in cold sweat adruptly. Her beautiful eyes would be wide open, scanning the surroundings for danger. No matter how much i hugged her, and kissed her, and begged her to tell me what was wrong, she would say nothing. It made me worried beyond measure, and the guilt of her father's murder was starting to eat me from my insides. 

On the fifth night, she told me she loved me. We were only walking down one of the streets in Paris, admiring the pretty lights, when she grabbed my hand and pulled me closer towards her. She tiptoed just high enough to reach my lips, and gave me a soft kiss before whispering the three words. I smiled like a fool all the way back to the chateau.

But now it was the last day, and we were all packed for our flight back. She's holding my hand tightly as we leave the chateau, there is a sadness in her eyes as she walks through the door. "We'll come back," I assure her. She nods with a little smile, and I smile back at her. I put my hand on her back and lead her to the car.

The plane ride went smoothly, Arabella fell asleep on the bed quickly. I went to the lounge to get on my laptop, I had neglected my duties in the castle as much as possible while we were in Paris. I wanted to give my full attention to Arabella, but I was growing increasingly anxious to make sure things were in order.

I arranged for an online conference, making sure all my advisors were present.

As soon as i was logged in, they filled me in on the impending updates.

"There has been strange occurences my King. The humans, they are disappearing."

"What do you mean?"

"Towns and cities that our troops are marching into are ghost towns. It appears they have all fled civilisation. We find pockets of them living in the wilderness, but they look...." Advisor Richards shot me a nervous glance.

"Yes?"

"They look, deranged my King. They behave like animals. It's like they've all gone mad."

"Is it a disease? The humans have those... A plague of sorts?"

"We're not sure. The blood is still drinkable though, it's just going to be a lot harder to find." Benjamin answered. I noticed how he looked tired and lacklustre.

"What about the human farms?"

"The humans in the farms seem to be relatively normal, we have concluded it must be because of an outside exposure. Something the humans in the farms have not caught onto yet."

"Get the hounds, find every last one of these humans. Form new farms for the ones affected. Bring them to it, or kill them." I gave out the order.

The advisors nodded, taking down notes swiftly.

"There's one more thing my King," Benjamin said softly.

I nodded for him to continue.

"There has been an emergence of a new werewolf pack. They are made up entirely of rogues, and their numbers have far exceeded any of the previous packs." He was now staring at me straight in the eye.

"They would be weak without a true Alpha. I have terminated all alpha blood."

"There are rumours my King, rumours thar there is one left. The witches have sensed it. They say that there is one werewolf with alpha blood running in its veins. It's a girl, my King. A shewolf." He hissed.

______________________________________________________________________

What do you guys think of this chapter? I've been building up on the plot of the story, or trying to at least. Tell me what kind of ending you'd prefer!

Do vote and comment loves! <3