Chapter 10: Faces behind faces

I am nervous, nervous like hell. I have never been more nervous and I don't think can ever be more nervous even if there comes a marriage proposal for me from neighbourhood. My hands are sweaty. Those last 5 minutes seemed like eternity. My legs were shaking. I looked at my watch over and over. 

"Are you alright?" Reva whispered. 

"Why, of course. Why won't I be okay? I am so damn okay!" I said to her. 

"Aleena you sure? Because you look pretty freaked out.." She whispered. I nodded my head in denial. The bell rang. 

I quickly packed my things. "Today, I got to run.." I told Reva. She looked at me stupidly. I told her I am fine. 

I looked at Shaurya. He nodded. I hurried my way out of the campus. 

I reached the place I was asked to. Man, this better not be what it looks like. Sonali and I have been friends for over 5 years now. I knew the girl too well. She always seemed pretty damn straight to me well until recently. I really liked her, how she had this ability to look at the good part of everything and everyone. Also, how she told to sail into the right boat. I didn't do anything to her that would make her do this except stealing from her tiffin and scribbling on her painting. That was when we were little. 

The sound of some footsteps made me snap out of my thoughts. 

"Why would you follow me?" Shaurya asked as he turned around. I had hidden myself well to get a full view of the drama.

"Don't you get it? I love you.." Sonali pushes him back and tries to kiss him. Dude, I didn't know  she could go wild like that. So yeah, Shaurya was right. He was right. Man, I don't want to see it. 

"Go kiss someone else's ass? I don't love you.." Shaurya spit the venom. "So is this about Aleena?" She said and laughed. "We won't let her know" She winks. I just sat still. I wanted to hear more. 

"Have some shame she's your best friend!" Shaurya said deliberately. He was making her speak. 

"Best friend my ass!" She shouted. I jumped. She moved closer to him and grabbed his collar not very gently. "What is it about her that makes everybody want her? I try so hard and I am never the one" She said and it sounded like she would cry any moment. 

"I am jealous of her things, jealous of her clothes, jealous of her boyfriend!" She said her voice breaking. She was crying and she was angry. "It's... it's just not me, Ayra too. She just acts nice around her. Literally, my jaw dropped. This is one of those things that nobody wants to hear. I mean all those years who was I friends with? 

"I never got what I truly deserved" She said, she was getting angrier. Shaurya gently pulled her away. 

"Look Sonali, I really want to help but this is just not the right way. You can't cheat on your best friend and I can't cheat on her.." He said with a lot of seriousness in his tone. I don't know why but my heart skipped multiple beats here. 

Why does he always talk like there is a"US"   *Quoting fingers*

"You can help me..." She stood sounded quite excited. "Just help me get rid of her...." She added. 

"Rid of her as in?" He asked. My heart throbbed against my chest? Is she planning to kill me?

"Help me to throw her out of the school.." She said looking at him. "What's in store for me?" Shaurya asked. She whispered something. I just made a guess and it made me feel dirty to be honest. 

I couldn't sit anymore and listen to this crap. I hoped out from behind the car. 

"What the...." She eyeballed me quite shocked. Shaurya smiled at her. "You ladies cat fight. I am getting late" He whistled and walked away. 

"Haha! Surprised right? You know what I don't have much to say to people like you. I want you to go piss off and remember that I always rocked and I will always rock. You can go back to being the hoe who would sell her ass to some random guy to throw me out of the school" I said all in one breathe and walked away pretty calmly. No regrets. No worries. 

Also, I turned around to look her again. 

"You are nothing to me" I shook. I could feel the heat rise on my face.

Of course, how could I care less?