Chapter 20: Endgame or what?

"Tie her up, I'll deal with her later. Let me finish work here--" He said wiping his shirt. "Oh and-- do her as you please--" He smiled and turned around. He folded his sleeves.

I started laughing hysterically. He stopped in his tracks and turned around. Just what I wanted, his eyes narrowed.

"The hell you laughing at?" He said.

"You-- I am laughing at you. How do you pretend to be so nice? It must be hard isn't it?" I said.

He cupped my face in huge hand. The same Shaurya's coloured eyes looked at me with the same rage, I'd experienced it before with Shaurya.

"Hey smart-mouth! Do you have any idea who you are talking to?" He said gritting his teeth.

"Some douchebag in a suit" I said casually. He punched me straight on my face and it did hurt. A lot. He pulled me, grabbing a handful of my hair and smashed my head against the staircase railing.

It felt like I had been hit with a bus. The breathe knocked out of my system. My sight grew dim and I felt peaceful breathing my last few moments. Images of Shaurya and I together flashed like gifs in my brain and it made me smile. I had to live more. I had to see the world with him. Plus, how can I die? I have never ever even got laid. Haha.

I could feel a little strength returning my body. I started to crawl to move ahead a drop of blood fell on the floor. He grabbed me again and turned me around. He held me at gunpoint.

"Oh had you been nicer to me. You could have had everything. It's sad. You're going to take your own life" He said chuckled his hand on the trigger. I shut my eyes tight and thought about my mom and dad. They didn't raise me like this to see me dead. I am their only daughter. Their only hope. Their only heir. Their one love.

A spark pump up my ebbing strength. I opened my eyes. My sight a little clearer. All ready to kick his balls when I heard a gunshot but he didn't pull the trigger then who did. I saw Shaurya's father standing still his eyes widened and his mouth opened. He turned around and I quickly moved. I spotted that he'd got hit in the leg, the shot had pierced perfectly through his pants and into the leg.

I looked at Shaurya standing with a gun in his hands. He looked at me and smiled. He looked completely devastated to me. I didn't know he could go that cold. He shot his own father for me, I never knew he could do that.

"Shaurya---" The guy said huskily. He stood still for a while maybe from the shock of his own son shooting at him. He was lame in one leg but he still had the strength to point his gun at Shaurya. I wanted to run, I wanted to save him but I couldn't put my limbs readily into action.

It became like one of those movie scenes.

"Shauurryaaaa. Look outtttt!" I screamed at the top of my voice just then the door broke open and a lot of people walked in but maybe it was too late he already pulled the trigger. My head felt heavy and tears escaped my eyes. I felt lifeless. I didn't want to see. I didn't want to get up.

"Hands up mister.." Said the officer.

My best friend Reva and my mother rushed towards me. My mother took me in her arms and Reva slowly wiped off the blood. Everything seemed to slow down. I felt feverish and shaky. My only thought was to make sure that Shaurya was okay.

"Is Shaurya okay?" I cried.

"I am fine Aleena--" He said coming out of nowhere. I thought the shot had hit him maybe it just whizzed past him.

God knows where I conjured up the strength to get up and hug him tight in front of my mom and my best friend. I dug my face in his chest and cried and cried and cried. He ran his fingers through my hair.

"Hey this shirt cost 2000 bucks don't spoil it--" He joked. He joked even at this hour. I slapped him hard and hugged him again. I bet I heard Reva chuckle.

As they were taking his father away. Shaurya went inside he didn't want to look at him.

"You mark my words, little girl. I am going to destroy you" He threatened me his eyes red with rage. It took them 3 officers to bring him to behave nicely. He looked really mad, like really mad. He was still struggling under the policeman's grip, ready to charge at me.

"And you'll beg for mercy.." He said spitting the venom.

I just smiled back. The police took him away. My plan worked. A perfect combination of perfect timings. The first thought that came to me was that Shaurya and I could be happy together. We could get everything we wanted. All the happiness in the world. The fear of his father instilled inside me made my every nerve think otherwise.

I was lost in thought when Shaurya pulled me to a corner. He held my hand with a broken and devastated sort of grip. He looked up.

"I love you so much..." He said in a low voice and pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back, his warm enclosure around my waist felt so nice. I wanted to be here forever. I just thought I worry too much, I just wanted to live and love in the moment and be happy. Enjoy my wretched life but somewhere deep down I was scared...what if...one day...he...comes...back?

"You two get a room already"

I jumped and pulled apart. She ran away.

I'll kill Reva.