Chapter 4: Rage

"The one who gets the ball first wins" I said and made a run to the games room. It was our games period. Most of the class had agreed to play a game of dodgeball. I've always liked to be the monitor, you know, bossing around people. It felt so good.

"Come on guys, form a circle" I said. They did as I said. I nodded in satisfaction. I took a look around the circle. I couldn't see Shaurya. I saw him sitting in a corner and reading a book. I asked the rest to start the game.

"Hey Shaurya..." I called out.

"What?" He looked up.

"Don't you want to play?" I asked.

"Dodgeball isn't really my thing..." He said continuing with his reading.

"Reading is not allowed during the games period" I said not giving him an option.

"I don't give a crap" He said smiling.

"The teacher would, once he sees you" I said returning his smile.

He shrugged his shoulders and tossed his book aside. He clenched his jaw, giving me his stare. I crossed my arms and smiled successfully returning his stare. He nodded.

"Such a pain..." He said disgusted and walked past me. I smiled-- satisfied.

I sent him inside the circle and joined the opposite team. The ball was passed to me. Reva stood behind Shaurya teasing me.

"Take this..." I threw the ball, both of them dodged. The game went on. I was able to hit 3 or 4. I had good throw, of course. Haha.

The ball was passed to Rohit. He wildly hurled the ball at the group. He was good at sports too. He was strong and his cleverness added to his performance.

It had happened so that the ball hit Shaurya's face or nose to be specific, now here I must tell you that it was a 7 number full pumped basket ball and as far as I know, it hurts---- bad.

I froze for a moment. I saw him standing still and covering his face with his hands. Of course, he had blood oozing out of his nose.

"I am sorry, I didn't mean to..." Rohit said laughing. Shaurya wiped off his nose.

"Hey, you were not supposed to hit the upper body.." I shouted being the games monitor, it was my responsibility that no one gets hurt. I turned around. I could see Shaurya's face all red his eyes locked into Rohit's. He looked furious and to be honest--- scary.

I could notice his hands shaking before I could think, he grabbed Rohit's collar and punched him in the gut. He kept throwing punches at him mercilessly. Rohit's friend and I were the first to intervene.

All of us tried pulling Shaurya back but he would keep beating the crap out of him. This was getting way out of hand. I tried to separate both of them.

"I said stay away.." He shouted. I was pushed so hard that I fell. I saw the rage in his eyes, the way he looked at me.It was almost as if he went crazy with anger. It scared me. I get it he was infuriated but no one normal would push me back like that actually I wasn't used to it.

The girls helped me up. The sports teacher came in and dragged both of them to his office. After I was summoned of course, how can Aleena stay out of trouble?

"Aleena would you tell me the whole thing please?" The teacher said resting back on his chair. Rohit and Shaurya still glared at each other ready for the dog fight anytime. Rohit's shirt a got a little bloody. I gulped.

"Sir, there is nothing to tell. Actually, both of them are you very good friends but you know sometimes, it just things between boys" I said controlling my laughter. Both of them looked at me. They had to force a smile at each other. I silently laughed at how funny Shaurya looked.

"Sir, I am sure they will be okay later" I said. He looked at both of them.

"Okay. This is the first and the last warning you two. Now run along..." He said.

The three of us walked out of the games room. I finally laughed the laugh I had been controlling for a long while.

"It's not funny, Aleena" Rohit said.

"Yeah? I just saved you guys from getting trouble. You should be thanking me...".