Chapter 14: Scars that hurt

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of the doorbell. I quickly put on my shorts and hurried downstairs. I still felt sleepy, my head felt heavy and my vision was a little blurry. I opened the door yawning. 

"Shaurya?" I said. I was quite surprised.

It was still dark and the air felt very cool. I glanced back at the watch and it read 5:02 AM. He tried to push the door but I stopped it. 

"No.." I said but he somehow managed to squeeze in and locked the door behind.

"You can't enter my house without my fucking permission!" I yelled at him. He very casually walked to me and wrapped his arms around me waist. He rested his face on my neck. He smelled of cigarettes and beer. I tried to push him away but he won't budge. 

"You're drunk?" I said. He looked up his eyes looked scary. He was wobbling a little, he couldn't stand straight. Right now, he really looked like a stoner. 

He cupped my face with his palm. "Look what you made me do" He whispered. Honestly, he looked pissed to me, his jaw was clenched and his eyes were locked into mine, his bloodshot eyes were really scaring me.

I didn't say anything, I just looked at him. He violently pushed me back and held me fast against the wall. 

"Stop it Shaurya, you're drunk.." I pleaded, his grip on my arms tightened. 

"I was a trash always but I wasn't weak. You made me weak" He yelled and pushed me back hard. My back hit the wall. I looked down trying to hide the moisture in the corner of my eyes. He grabbed my hand and took me upstairs to my room. 

He latched the door behind him. "What are you doing..?" I asked, he rolled his fists into balls. I gulped. He caught my wrist and grabbed my neck.

"I think I had too much respect for you..." 

I was staying silent all this while but now this has gone way too far. I kicked him in the gut causing him to fall back. I quickly made myself stand in an upright position. How many times do I have to stop him from hurting me?

"This is enough Shaurya. I am done with you.." I yelled to the top of my voice. "I tried to save you from your destructive self. I tried my best. Now, I am just tired from all this drama. What stress is forcing you to drink and smoke? Why can we not talk about it? You're hiding things from me" I said. He just looked at me.

"And excuse me? How did I make you weak? If it weren't for me, you would still have gotten you're ass whipped at school and be a loner for the rest of your wretched life, hell, I even lost my friends. I am sorry I cared and I fell in love...." I stopped all of a sudden regretting the last line I spoke but it just came out of my mouth. 

Shaurya's eyes widened. Yes, I hadn't told him I loved him yet. He stood up wobbled a little. 

Now he looked like a stoner drowned in guilt and grief. 

He stopped right before me. I gulped. He still looked scary. 

He removed his t-shirt, his perfectly toned abs and pumped up chests showed. I had a quick desire to touch them but wait what is he doing?

He turned around.

I was horrified. He had, small rubbery crooked pink marks all over his back. Also they were thick and jagged. It was like as if he was beaten with a belt or something. I gently touched it. They felt hard. He let out a painful sigh. 

He turned around. Tears rolling down his cheeks. I'd never seen him cry. I pulled him into a hug but made sure I didn't touch his back.

"Who did this to you?" I asked. My voice was cracking. I just shook at thought of how much pain he'd suffered.

He sobbed and his body shook.

"My father..."