Chapter 30

TAYLOR'S POV

I was still awake when my alarm went off in the morning. I shut it off and looked over to my left to find Caroline still sleeping. Bringing myself to wake her up was hard, it was rare when she slept like this, and I didn't want to end it this soon. But finally I had to.

"Care." I said quietly, leaning toward her and rubbing her arm. She took a big breath but was still mostly asleep. I sighed as I knew I had to do it again.

"Care, babe, it's time to get up." I said to her and this time she looked up to see me, rubbing at her eyes.

"No." She said in a voice that made it sound like she was about to cry.

"I know, but we have to get on the plane soon." I told her, getting out of bed.

"No." She repeated again, this time actually crying. And that was the start of her worst day since her dad died a year ago.

CAROLINE'S POV

Even the start of my day was bad. I was sleeping pretty good until Taylor woke me up because it was time to go back to Nashville. I was in a 'I hate everything and I just want to go back to bed' kind of mood. So I cried as I put on my clothes and I cried and I put my hair up. I just wanted everything to be better and I didn't want to go on another 14 hour airplane ride.

Taylor was getting herself ready in the bathroom and I was in the bedroom. I'm sure she could hear me crying, but I just couldn't stop, it was one of those days.

"Caroline." Taylor said as she walked out of the bathroom.

"What's wrong?" She said softly as she sat down on the edge of the bed because I had curled back up on it. I only answered her with more crying. I didn't really know what was wrong. I guess I just wanted to be home and I wanted to be asleep, but I didn't want to go through having to get myself to sleep again. Everything was just so frustrating and I had to cry.

"It's alright, Care. Everything is okay." She whispered to me as she pulled me up into a sitting position so she could hug me. Once again I felt like I was too old for all of this.

Taylor helped me to calm down and she wiped all the tears off of my face, knowing that there would be cameras outside waiting for us.

"You ready?" She asked once we had all our things together. I nodded and we walked out of our room together. Taylor knew what kind of emotional state I was in so before we went outside in front of all the paparazzi she grabbed onto my hand and held it all the way to the car.

It was just the two of us in the backseat, and her bodyguard was driving us to the airport. Everyone else went home yesterday, but Taylor wanted me to be able to sleep in a bed last night so we were coming home today.

The plane ride started out pretty normal, as we ascended into the air Taylor had her hand on my head, stroking my blonde hair. It wasn't until I looked at the lock screen on my phone and realized the date when I broke down again.

It was March 29th, at first I didn't remember the significance of that date, but I knew I sounded familiar. I stared at the date on my phone trying to remember. And when I did remember I felt like I might puke.

It's been a year. It's been a year and I was still a wreck. In that moment I continued to be a wreck, I felt the inside of my nose instantly start to burn. My eyes started to water again and my jaw started to ache. I turned my head to the side and leaned into Taylor's sleeve as soon as the first cry escaped my mouth.

The amount of pain I felt in my chest was equivalent to the amount of pain I felt a year ago. I cried loudly hoping that would make things better, but it didn't, I felt just as helpless. Taylor didn't even question why I was crying, she just took me in her arms.