Chapter 12

TAYLOR'S POV

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I whispered with my hand covering my phone's reciever as I tried to get out of our airplane row without waking up Caroline. Needless to say I woke her up, but that's because she was leaning on me and it was impossible not to. I quietly apologized as she groaned, neither of us had gotten much sleep the past two days.

I lifted the phone back up and pressed it to my ear when I was out of the aisle. I was surprised I could get phone calls from up here this high in the air, but I guess I could.

"And we're back on the air with Taylor Swift this afternoon! Her latest album '1989' came out yesterday, I'm sure she's been busy. Taylor, why don't you tell us what you're doing right now." The radio DJ asked through the phone.

"Well right now I'm on a flight from New York to LA, and we've been doing a lot of promotions and things for the album in New York, so now it's time to come to California." I said, for the last few days I'd been doing interviews, performances, meet and greets, and appearances back to back. It was crazy, but I loved it. The amount of promotion I'd done since yesterday was a lot, but nothing compared to how much I'll have done by the end of the week.

The radio guy asked me all kinds of other questions, but the interview was over within 10 minutes. When it was all over I hung up the phone and attempted to get back into the row that Caroline and I were sitting in without disturbing her again. I walked past her to get to my window seat and she opened her eyes and looked up at me.

"Good morning." I laughed when I saw her tired expression. We had gotten home late for the last two night and got up early the last two mornings. Caroline always had trouble sleeping anyway, so I was sure she needed all the sleep she could get. She leaned on me again when I sat back down, she always had to be touching me in some sort of way. I didn't blame her though, this flight was the most time I'd gotten to spend with her since before my album dropped.

And since it was release week there was always a camera on us, whether it was from a paparazzi or it was a professional video recording, always a camera, and Caroline didn't like that. I'm sure this flight at least helped relax her a little, it was a short break from the craziness. It also relaxed me, between promoting my album, making time for fans, and now making time for Caroline, I was exhausted.

I looked down towards Caroline, who seemed to be getting to sleep okay, and then I let myself drift off.

CAROLINE'S POV

I jolted awake, but once I realized that I was still on Taylor's jet and not in the middle of Afghanistan watching my dad die I settled down a little. My heart was still beating hard as the scenes from the dream crossed my mind again. I looked to where Taylor was sitting, her eyes were closed, her mouth was half way opened, and she was breathing loudly.

I checked the time and figured there was still a good hour to go until we landed. I sighed and streched out across our row, laying my head on Taylor's empty lap and laying down on my side, facing the row in front of us. I didn't want there to be only an hour left. That meant that in an hour we'd be getting rushed all over again and Taylor would hardly have any time for me. I was proud of her and I loved her album, but I was already sick of release week and we were two days in.

Taylor had flinched a little when she felt my head on her lap, but now one of her hands was stroking my hair and the other was on my top arm. I knew I should go to sleep again, but now I couldn't. My mind was too cluttered now, there were too many things to worry about for me to sleep. I thought of yesterday, Taylor performed at GMA in the morning, at one point when we where watching her sing I lost track of where Andrea was. I was supposed to stay with Andrea and I had gotten separated from her, between this and trying to stay out of the way for the rest of the day, yesterday was stressful.

"Go to sleep, Care." Taylor said softly, I didn't know how she knew I was awake, my eyes were closed.

"I was asleep." I lied, acting like she had just woken me up.

"No you weren't, but you need to rest, seriously." She said and I rolled my eyes internally. I was resting. And she said seriously like I was joking around when I wasn't. But her hands playing with my hair felt too good for me to be mad at her.

I laid as still as I could for as long as I could. But after a while fake sleeping became too much for me and I sat up in my seat right as we started descending over Los Angeles. I looked at Taylor beside me and she was holding her phone dangerously close to her face, reading something I assumed.

"Did you sleep good?" She asked putting down her phone and stretching her arms out for a hug.

"Yeah." I lied, leaning into her hug. I was sure she was hugging me because we both knew that once she got off of this plane I would not be her top priority. Which was somewhat understandable with the circumstances, yet saddening when you were on my end of it.

We landed soon and Andrea, who had also been on the flight came back to the row for me.

"I think we're gonna go to your house and take our stuff there while your mom goes for an interview, but then we'll meet back up with her tonight." Andrea said to me as Taylor picked up all the stuff in our row. I got my stuff together and then moved so I could let Taylor out.

"See you guys later." Taylor said as we all exited the plane.

"Bye Taylor." I said and I looked over my shoulder at her as she walked to her car and we walked to our car that was parked outside of the jet. Andrea and I got into the backseat of the car and soon we were headed toward Taylor's house. Or I guess as andrea had pointed out earlier, my house.

--------------------------------

Chapter is kind of short and I updated late in the day because I have an insane amount of homework. Between school and cross country it's been hard to sit and write during the week. But at least I get something done even if I feel like I'm the only person on this site that updates their story and finding motivation is hard. Anyway, thanks for reading guys!