Chapter Eleven

Disclaimer: None of this mine, nor will it ever be. The characters belong to Stephenie Meyer and I just like to play with Edward and Bella.

Also, thank you so much for your support for my writing. It means to me more than words can say.

I'm unsure if you'd heard, but one of our beloved fandom family members passed away a couple of weekends ago. Dee Creston, lovingly known as FangirlinGrandmaDee, died peacefully and surrounded by family. This chapter is dedicated to one of the kindest, warmest and friendliest members of our TwiFamily. Her love of fic and her encouraging words will be missed, tremendously.

From me to you, Dee, {GIANT TUFANO HUGS AND SMOOCHES} ... always and forever.

"Some people only ask others to do something. I believe that, why should I wait for someone else? Why don't I take a step and move forward."
Malala Yousafzai

Chapter Eleven

A couple days later, Bella and Edward drove to a French restaurant, Restaurant Orsay, to meet up with Carlisle, Esme and Esme's sister, Elizabeth. Bella shifted in the passenger seat and tried to cover her legs with her skirt.

"Stop it, beautiful," Edward said, reaching across to hold her hand. "You look ravishing."

"My legs look like toothpicks," she grumbled. "When we get back, we need to work on making my legs look like legs and not like sticks." She lifted her slender leg and poked at it. "And they're so white."

"We had a rainy, nasty winter," Edward snickered. "I'm just as pasty, love."

"Well, right now, you're more red than pasty," Bella giggled.

"Shut it," he growled. "The pool and the waves and the weather ... it was so relaxing. I didn't mean to fall asleep."

"I thought you had enough sunblock. I'm sorry," Bella said, threading her fingers with Edward's. "When we get back to the hotel, I'll put more aloe on your back. I promise."

"Thank you, Bella," he said, lifting her hand to his lips and brushing his mouth along her knuckles. "You know, if you feel uncomfortable ... with my mother's actions and her comments ... we can leave."

"I'll be fine," she breathed. "I took your mother's words too seriously. It didn't help that I was overtired from the long journey. I was far too sensitive, to be honest."

"She didn't see you. She saw the chair," Edward argued, his own temper flaring. "She needed to be educated ..."

"Edward, I don't want to cause a rift between you and your family," she frowned, rubbing his arm soothingly.

"Dad was on my side," he snickered, pulling into the restaurant and stopping at the valet station. Edward darted to the passenger side, helping Bella to stand. "Do you want your walker or ..."

"I want to try, holding onto you," Bella said, gripping his arm. Edward smiled, sliding his arm around her waist. They walked slowly into the restaurant. They were led to a semi private room.

"Edward! Bella!" Carlisle said, walking over to them. "I'm so happy you're here!" He hugged his son and kissed Bella on her cheek. "Have you acclimated to the heat and humidity of Jacksonville?"

"I prefer to drink my water, not absorb it," Bella snickered. "But, it's a welcome change from the weather we've had in Seattle: wet, rainy and dreary." Carlisle pulled out a chair and Edward helped Bella to sit. "Thank you."

Edward sat down next to her, taking her hand. "I like the warmth of Florida, but I miss the mountains."

"Me, too. It's the one thing I miss about living in Florida ... no mountains," Esme said. "Bella, I'm so glad that you came. It gives me a chance to apologize. It was never my intention to minimize your recovery. My son told me about you defying your doctor's expectations. You must have a great deal of pride in how far you've come."