Chapter Six

Disclaimer: None of this mine, nor will it ever be. The characters belong to Stephenie Meyer and I just like to play with Edward and Bella.

Also, thank you so much for your support for my writing. It means to me more than words can say.

I'm unsure if you'd heard, but one of our beloved fandom family members passed away this weekend. Dee Creston, lovingly known as FangirlinGrandmaDee, died peacefully and surrounded by family. This chapter is dedicated to one of the kindest, warmest and friendliest members of our TwiFamily. Her love of fic and her encouraging words will be missed, tremendously.

From me to you, Dee, {GIANT TUFANO HUGS AND SMOOCHES} ... always and forever.

"Each step you take reveals a new horizon. You have taken the first step today. Now, I challenge you to take another."
Dan Poynter

Chapter Six

Bella was at her therapist's office. She was looking at her legs and shocked at how much they'd grown in the three months since she started working with Edward. He was talking about possibly using the bars to start walking. It terrified her. Could she walk again? Would her legs work for her?

"Bella?"

"Coming," Bella said, turning her chair and rolling into Rose's office. "Hey, Rose. How's the baby?"

Emmett and Rose had had a baby girl, via surrogate. "She's good. Just started rolling over. I can't believe she's three months old. How's your physical therapy?"

"Edward mentioned that we may try walking at my next appointment," Bella said, giving Rose a smile. "I'm terrified that it won't work. The muscles in my legs are getting stronger. I have more control in my limbs, but what if I can't ... what if this is all for naught?"

"Bella, you will fall. You're rebuilding muscles that had not been used in over a year. It's never easy," Rose said. "However, you can't let that slow you down. Your recuperation has been slow and steady ..."

"It's what wins the race," Bella murmured, smiling gently at Edward's tender voice when he first mentioned this.

"Now, there's a face I've never seen before," Rose sang, a coy grin spreading over her face. "Did someone catch your eye?"

Bella's cheeks flamed. She hid behind her hands, shaking her head harshly. "Maybe, I've got some Florence Nightingale thing going on for my physical therapist."

"Florence Nightingale was a nurse, Bella. Not a physical therapist," Rose snickered. Bella gave her a hard look, arching a brow at her shrink. "Okay, okay. I've met Edward Cullen. He's easy on the eyes and he pushes for his patients."

"I agree," Bella blushed. "I may have a teensy crush on him. There are moments where I feel like there is this connection. I feel more comfortable with him than I did with my ex-husband. Edward has been the rock that I expected from Riley, but he's kind, strong and loyal."

"And your ex wasn't kind?" Rose asked.

"He had moments of kindness, but he was very self-centered and narcissistic," Bella shrugged. "I loved Riley when I was with him. Our beginning was sweet. Our middle was rocky, at times. Especially after Jake's birth ... and again after I had a C-section with Seth." Rose arched a brow. "With Jake, I suffered from post-partum depression. Riley disagreed with my need to see a therapist. He thought I was just overtired, but it was more than that. We had a huge fight and he moved out for a month. Both of our parents spoke to him about how real my issues were. I started anti-depressants and immediately felt better. Riley saw that and we went to couple's counseling."