Chapter Three: A Little Kiss

Chapter 3: A Little Kiss

I don't know when I fell asleep, but when I woke up, everyone was staring at me, including Niall. He was lying next to me, arms still wrapped around me. I couldn't strangle free. I turned to face him.

"Well hello, beautiful."

I smiled and asked, "When did the movie ended? How long was I asleep?"

Niall ignored my questions and buried his face into my neck. Zayn looked sickened, so he went outside for a smoke. Ashley was nowhere in sight, and Harry was upstairs tackling Louis. Liam just stood there going, "Awww."

"Liam, can you please pry him off of me? I need to find Ash."

"Ok." Liam answered and tried to get Niall off of me. I think he actually fell asleep on me. "I don't think I can get him off of you, but do you want to call her on your cellphone?"

"Yes, please."

Liam searched up her Ashley's name and said, "Here you go. And by the way, your last name is a color!" Liam then went and talked to Zayn.

"Really, Liam? You just now noticed that?" I shot back, then I spoke into the phone, "Ash, where are you?"

"Oh hey Soph. I walked back into our house, and change my clothes. I'll be spending some time here, Twittering, and doing other stuff, and deciding what to wear to hang out with Harry tonight!" Ashley explained, "So you can spend time and do whatever. Bye!" And with that, she hung up.

"So where is she?" Niall asked.

"You weren't asleep at all, were you?" I asked.

"Nope." Niall admitted and smiled, "Just wanted to cuddle with you." He tapped my nose and winked. He release me and sat up. I sat up with him. He said, "Sophia, I know we've been best friends sinced you moved here, but I have a secret that I've been holding from you, and that I need to tell you. It's that I-"

"Oh hey you two." Louis walked downstairs with Harry, interrupting Niall's words, "We're going to go home now, gotta get ready for Harry's date." He put one arm around Harry and patted Harry's chest extra hard on the word, 'date'. Harry coughed and held his chest, grieving in pain.

"We're not dating, just hanging out." Harry made a face.

"Sure, call it whatever you like, Hazzah. Wait, is Niall about to ask you-"

"Carrots. I was going to ask you for carrots," Niall shouted and covered Louis' mouth before he could say another word. He blushed and said to me, "Don't believe them. They lie."

"Sure they do, Nialler." I said sarcastically and smile, "Now what was your secret?"

Niall opened his mouth to speak, but Liam and Zayn walked in from the backdoor. Liam cheered, "Oh yay, he's finally awake." Niall just sat there and gave up.

"Liam, he faked it."

Liam let out a laugh, knowing how silly Niall could get. "Ok, we've got to get going now, or DJ Malik is going to miss his date with Perrie." And all four of them walked out the door.

"Finally, the house is quiet. I can finally spend time with you. Let's bake cookies, I'm hungry for some."

"Nialler. We have cookies right here." Pointing to a tray of store-bought cookies on the dinner table. I looked at Niall and held his hand, "Now tell me. What's your secret?"

"I'll tell you later, when we're cuddling, " Niall said, "and it's more fun to eat them when you make them yourself."

"Ok then, but we better not make a mess."

"Yeah. I'll try not to."

"Ok so we need eggs, water, oil, sugar, vanilla, and-"

"Flour!" He said, holding a bag of flour. He plopped it on the counter, making the bag spill out some flour puffs, hitting my face and turning it white.

"Nialler!"

"What?" He said, looking up from the bag.

"Look at my face." I said, pointing to my face.

Niall looked and chuckled. "Oops." He shrugged.

"Oh, it's on like Donkey Kong." I said and threw some flour in his face.

Niall blinked and dug his hands into the bag. My eyes widen. Uh-oh. I started running upstairs and into his room, closing the door behind me. I jumped on his bed and pulled his bed sheets over my face. When I released the sheets again, Niall was on top of me.

"Hello, beautiful." He said, and lowered himself just enough so that our faces were almost touching. He brushed off the flour on my face, and smiled. He asked, "Do you know what's my favorite memory of you?"

I looked up at him, "What is it, Nialler?"

He answered, "Well, remember about three years ago when I still wasn't famous?"

"Yeah?"

"That year, we'd always be shouting and laughing at each other from our windows. We'd stay up all night talking to each other. And your mom and my dad would think we'd be asleep. We told stories and secrets. And if any of us got tired, we'd throw pillows at each other to keep us awake. And what I remember most about those times was your laugh. I love your laugh. It was cute, and I bet it still is." Niall tickled me, and I started giggling. He smiled and looked into my dark brown eyes. "Your laugh is sill beautful. Hey, remember all those beautiful memories we've made?"

"Yeah, our first sunburn together, our first movie playdate." I reminded him of each thing and smiled.

He looked into my eyes. "Well, how about our first kiss?"

"Our first what?" I asked, not sure what his last word was.

"Nothing." He says really fast as he gazes into my eyes. He closes his eyes and I close mine. Before I know it, his lips crashes into mine and a spark exploded.

"This is awkward." I say as I withdrawal from the kiss.

"But I like it. You're a good kisser." Niall leans in to kiss me again, but I stop him. "Why did you stop me?"

"I don't know. I'm so confused."

Niall got off of me and sat up. "What do you mean?"

I sat up and said, "I'm kissing my best friend, and... we're not even dating."

"So?"

"And you're famous. And I'm not."

"What does that have to do with kissing?"

"If we kiss, we might, you know, date. If we date," I sighed. "Death threats."

"Sophie, you're my best friend, not fame. Being famous is just what I do, but YOU'RE my best friend. And nothing will ever change that. And if we ever date, I would still like you no matter how much hatred there is in the entire world." Niall placed his hands on my shoulders and looked into my eyes. "Your eyes are pretty."

I blushed. I couldn't help it, but blush. "Thanks." was all I could say.

"And you look cute when you blush." Niall said as he scooted up closer to me. He puts his arms around me and gave me a hug. A Horan hug. Muscles tight, and his face burying into my shoulders. Niall let go of me and got off his bed. "Let's go back downstairs and make cookies. I really want some."