Chapter 6: Wars to Come

Chapter 6:

Wars to come

A E M E R Z E L  

I walked to the alley of our school, alone. The wind made the various chimes hanging from the eaves and trees. They compose songs that peacefully sing in my ears. Its three o'clock in the afternoon and the heat from the sun gives a warming embrace.

Behind our school there is a forest that makes my hidden place and a place for me to contemplate and think about something, on some things that have not yet come forth, thinking what life might bring after it unveils on me. 

Emme'curst! I really hate on remembering things from the past and getting the piece of it in the present and asking the question from it in the future!

My feet have not yet set foot at the back of our school but still, the hush in the forest gives a cozy sensation that sent shivers down my back. From there, I want to embrace the nature! Hundreds of memories start to give in as I smoothly walk and inhale the warm aroma of the trees three meters away from me.

I could not wait to seat in the grass while looking up to the blue sky and listening to the music of the birds passing by, or the winds gushing to the trees, or the rhythmical chirping sound of the crickets, or the whispering voice of the mother nature to her child whose solely devastated for everything that he just happened to shoulder on.

I am still thirteen years old but it seems the world is already on my hand, responsibility with this power I possess could lead to a chaos once I did not happen to hold it with the whole amount of my strength. 

Chaos, pain, sufferings, death.

There are mere words for you, but not for me. 

I could still remember what Lolo told me in that Night Fall of December, the moment when the snow falls thick mixed with the draining greasy oil and reddish flames ushered by the smoke and ashes. Those words that changed everything that I knew. Words that brewed everything that I believed before. And words that could destroy me now.

You are no ordinary, he said while looking how the ruins folded in every corner. Terrified. 

You are no ordinary. Only four words and seven syllables, but from there everything just dawned on me.

And, it hurts me...

... until now.