[7] The Rituals

I will tame your very soul.

His each word had been digged in places in my mind like victory flags.

I couldn't just digest that we had met.

The meet wasn't supposed to happen.

The conversation didn't have to take place.

The moron didn't have to be born.

One hundred and eighty two.

The human in me who had lived a city life, didn't want to believe that fact. But what if it was the truth? The two months I had spent back with the werewolves, I had to believe in it.

Maybe, this was why they were lagging behind in thoughts and customs.

One generation was living for extra hundred years or who knew, more than that?

Well, I couldn't marry. . . do the rituals with that centuries old Lycan.

Not because he was old. But because this wasn't the life I had aimed for.

"If you say anything, they won't be pleased. You might get punished too for rebelling in front of the pack," said Emily quietly while not meeting my eyes. "Punishments are different for the brides of Alpha Lycans and they are not any nice, Aunt Misty."

I blinked and gulped hard. "The word 'Aunt' is a punishment enough," I choked out shakily.

Emily stiffened and smiled nervously.

The sound of bagpipe filled the surroundings and my heart started drowning.

"I don't want this," I said, whimpering as goosebumps risen all over my body. I looked at her and shook my head. "Emily, please help me. I can't do the rituals. They are forcing me to do it. Whoever came here earlier through that border was a wolf. I am not. They are making a mistake."

Emily looked at her elder sister worriedly. She had worn a dark blue long heavy skirt with two attached belts around her waist. Her top was too fit for her precious figure.

Reveka stepped ahead while flaring her nostrils. "Moon Goddess never makes a mistake. My father never makes a mistake. Uncle Karam said your name before they left for the borders. You will have to do the rituals, Aunt Misty." She said firmly, making my jaws clench.

"How would you feel if someone force these rituals on you too?" I asked while feeling my eyes getting glossy.

Reveka didn't take a second before replying. "No one forces rituals uselessly. They do it because they are mates. You are his mate and you are meant for him only," she said, making me stunned.

I shook my head in trauma and got up from the bed. "Look, there's a world outside this territory. You never saw it because of the borders. But it is so beautiful and holds so much magic than what you find here. There is so much to learn."

My lips trembled as I neared Emily and grabbed her hands. "I have an old grandmother back at home who waits for me. Girls help each other, Emily. Please help me."

"You are just scared for no reason," commented Reveka in a bored tone. Her clothes were in dark brown color. Both their braids were tightly done, going back like they were about to hit the gym. "If Uncle Karam finds out about what you are thinking, he won't stay calm. He hates it when things do not go like they are supposed to be."

Of course. Like I was thrown here on his lap, as it was supposed to be.

"Mother will get angry," said Emily nervously as the happy tune from bagpiping started floating.