[31] The Temples Tales II : A Severan's Words

"Follow me."

My back and chest felt sore. My eyes filled up and jaws clenched to control the sudden loneliness and fear I had started to feel.

The bitch took me to the second floor.

The stairway didn't hold paintings on the wall after the first floor. It was just cold and silent everywhere. The vibe was calm yet eerie.

"Bare your feet," Rosetta said authoritatively while pointing at the four inches column made inside the wall at the bottom.

Our eyes met and I glared hard.

She smirked slightly and shook her head. I lowered my gaze.

I removed my sandals while taking the support of the wall. My eyebrows raised at feeling the icy cold floor. Putting them inside the column, I saw her looking ahead and taking me to the first ever hall room on the left side. On the right, my eyes caught the red curtain on the statue again. Maybe, now I was looking at Severa's stomach.

Walking inside the hall room, I blinked in relief at seeing the furry red carpet spread on the whole floor of the room.

A woman in a red cloak was sitting Indian style right in the middle of the room. I could guess that she was Lucine only. Beside her was placed a little flat table on which covered bowls and plates were kept.

Lucine was staring at the sky through the medium-sized window of the room. It had an arched top with no doors. The wall was thick enough with three layers of bricks placed and polished perfectly. The sky seemed blue with a greyish hue.

"Come, Misty."

Rosetta gave me a blank deadly stare again when I glanced at her. She scrunched her nose in disgust while looking at me up and down. Narrowing her eyes, she huffed silently and turned around to walk out of the room. The hem of her cloak and inner red gown moved along with her heavy steps.

Biting my lip, I walked quietly towards Lucine sitting just six steps away from the window. The utensils on the table were made of copper, I guessed.

"Only virgins can enter this temple," said Lucine as I neared her. Her back was so straight and yet relaxed. Her hood was still on. "The fantasies I see in your subconscious mind make me wonder how Severa let you enter her humble abode."

The anger from having to bathe my arms and legs only to get manhandled by Rosetta had made me so furious, I couldn't control my tongue. Well, because Lucine had so confidently told Karam that I was under her protection now. What kind of fantasies was she talking about?

"Because fantasizing doesn't mean losing virginity," I said, bringing a small smile on her face. She was so pale along with those yellow eyes that too seemed white under the morning light. "If you can fantasize about worshipping your Goddess too much to carry her legacy ahead, you can fantasize about a person to excite your heart too. It's natural."

"Come, sit." She said while staring at the window with calm knowing expressions on her face. She looked amused by my words.

I sat beside her diagonally to the little table that was placed ahead in the middle of us.

"When you open doors of your mind to learn something new, you must close some doors to not get yourself distracted. Few of them for some time. Few of them forever." She said while I closed my eyes and still couldn't stop thinking about Karam. If he had been here, Rosetta wouldn't have dared do that.

What did I even do to her? She was so elder than me. Why so much anger for me?

I gulped shakily.