Thomas

He was lying peacefully after keeping us all awake the whole night.

The day after the full moon went equally eventful with me bursting over my parents and criticizing my elder brother.

The guilt of being disrespectful to the ones who created me didn't let me sleep.

It felt like a sin.

Now, this new day didn't bring any new color. And I couldn't expect any better.

The sunlight had already filled the room and the new Alpha was all awake.

"Thomas?" It came so surprised as if he had never expected his younger brother to ever come to him.

He was wrapped in bandages all over his chest and one forearm. He liked doing it. Getting injured, then bandaged, heal, and getting injured again. As if he wanted to show how invincible he was.

Those blue eyes resembled father. Those short brown hair were all disheveled. The stubble had grown enough for him to keep looking like devastated Alpha that he aspired to be and was already becoming.

His voice sounded hoarse and blank as if he couldn't remember a thing. How unfair it was. And here, I would remember every silly to the big mistake of every person around me.

I felt like I had become a hateful person.

"Tell me the truth, Pete."

The straight voice raised his Alpha alert. He had read my aura already. He knew that I was not here in Steph's villa to ask him about his recovering health.

Pete's face turned blank and his eyes narrowed slightly.

"Do you really want to cross the border?" I asked while clenching my fists and opening them.

He was about to sit up before my question. But now, he laid back properly to just hear my questions and answer them with the exact Alpha attitude.

His eyes turned stern and his lips barely moved. "Yes."

I licked my lips and grimaced. "For whom? Misty or your mate?"

He breathed slowly and his jaws clenched. His light eyeballs moved to observe mine. "For Misty. I don't wish to see my mate. I don't expect her."

His voice was a younger version of how the father sounded in his thoughtfulness.

I gulped while zigzagging my jaws. "Really?" I curled my lip animatedly. "For all, I can imagine is that you just want to choose the option Nathan didn't. Maybe, you'll get the bonus of finding your mate and mating her. Or rather, just die in the hands of those Lycans."

Pete's nostrils flared and he slowly started rolling on the side to set himself up.

After winces and groans, showing me a palm to not help him when I made a move to get up, he managed to sit by himself.

"Do you need water?" I asked while forwarding my hand towards the jug on the side drawer.

"Do you want me to drink water, little brother?" He said exhaustingly while my hands stopped right there. I blinked calmly and took the jug anyway. Filling up the glass, I passed it to him and he took it with a blank expression on his face.

He drank it very slowly, thinking and staring into nothing.

"I don't expect to find my mate." He said, after nearly five minutes passed in silence. I was leaning back on the chair, looking at the ceiling in blankness. His words made me look at him. "The last I had smelled her, it felt like she was in a pain."