14: Two Familiar Scents

Deku POV

We ate dinner right after the news, then straight to bed. I've always noticed that Iida has been acting weird. He's been a lot more quiet, spacing out here and there. I never knew it had something to deal with his older brother.

I lay in my bed in the dark, surrounded with All Might merchandise. I stare at the ceiling. My body won't let me go to sleep. My mind has been running with thoughts.

I hope Iida feels better soon.

But that's not the only thing keeping me awake. All Might said I have an offer, and that person is his old homeroom teacher and one of the few people that know of One For All. He said his name was Gran Torino. I wonder what he's like.

Tomorrow, everyone will be heading to our hero internship studies. I've got to give it everything I've got! I still have to get my quirk in control.

I lift my hand from under my covers and punch in the air. I know I can do it! My eyelids start to feel heavy. I roll onto my side, facing the wall. Slowly, my eyelids close and I drift off to sleep.

I make my way downstairs to the dining room to eat breakfast, hero costume in hand. Almost everyone in my class and some of the demon hunters are there. Uzui's wives and the butterfly estate girls are in the kitchen making us breakfast. It smells amazing!

I scan the room, my eyes searching though I don't know what I'm searching for. Then I realize, I was looking for Iida-kun. Even so, there was no sign of Iida so I take a seat next to Todoroki.

"Good morning Todoroki-kun!" I say as I take a seat, setting the case containing my hero suit down on the ground.

"Good morning." He replies.

The front doors open to reveal the Pillars returning. Their hair is dishevelled and their posture is slacking. Some let out a couple yawns. They're clearly exhausted. My eyes follow them until they are out of sight, retreating to their respective parts of the basement.

Tanjirou and his friends approach us and take a seat next to us,this time in their demon hunter uniform.

"Good morning Midoriya-kun, good morning Todoroki-kun!" Tanjirou greets while taking a seat in front of me.

"Good morning!" We both greet back.

"Are you guys going off to that hero internship thingy today?" Zenitsu asks.

"Yeah, I'm kinda nervous." I say.

"You guys are in you're normal uniforms, are you going to join us?" Todoroki asks.

"No, we're going on patrol for the daytime so the Pillars can rest. But maybe we'll run into you guys." Tanjirou explains.

We nod.

I then see Genya approaching us with a bunch of wooden swords in his arms. "Since there's a chance we'll   possibly be dealing with villains, we have to bring both wooden swords and our normal ones." He says, setting down the wooden swords onto the table.

"Yaoyorozu-san made these for us using her quirk. They're stronger than our old training swords but not sharp enough to actually kill someone." Genya turns and waves at Yaoyorozu-san who's across the room and bows in sign of gratitude. She waves back. "She even went through the trouble of creating them with a small metal rod inside to make it more sturdy."

All the demon hunters grab a wooden sword, stand up, then bow to her. Yaoyorozu-san's face flushes and she turns away.

"Oh yeah, what's with all the Pillars?" I ask, remembering how exhausted they looks as they walked through the front door.