20: Meeting

Izuku POV

Midoriya slides the hospital door open. Some of his limbs still ache from the fight, even needing a crutch to keep himself up.

"Hey Iida-kun, Todoroki-kun. How are you guys feeling?" the green-haired boy asks, attempting to lighten the mood. Sadly, his attempt was a fail.

"Good morning Midoriya-kun, i'm.. doing just fine." Iida responds, though a little glum.

"Good morning." Todoroki replies as well.

There was silence in the room. Each boy struggling to find a topic to talk about. The sun has well risen, shining light into the room without needing the artificial lights of the hospital. Even though the hero killer was successfully captured, they still somehow felt as though they lost the battle.

Suddenly, the door slides open with so much force, it creates a loud thud that echoed through the room. The three boys turn their heads to the door and see two familiar faces. Mitsuri and Iguro stand by the door. Mitsuri with her hand on the door handle and Iguro standing right behind her. Both have a few bandages on them but no deeper injuries are visible.

"Good morning everyone! I heard you guys were got into a fight with the Hero Killer and got hurt, so I just had to make sure you were doing alright! None of you are too hurt, are you?" The ever energetic woman makes her rounds to each members in the room, checking for any injuries she deems serious. Iguro walks into the room while the Love Hashira fusses over the three high schoolers like a mother, successfully lightening up the once cloudy mood.

"Were doing pretty well, thank you for your concern, Kanroji-san." Iida responds along with a nod of his head.

"That's good to hear!"

"That's not the only thing we came here for," Iguro speaks up for the first time since entering the room. "We've defeated two of the upper moons." He says, in a nonchalant tone.

The news shocks the three other participants. It hadn't been that long since Upper Moon 1 and 3's sacrifice. The fact that four demons had already been taken care of means they are making good progress, and lessening the havoc that would spread.

"Technically one... They were siblings sharing a spot." Mitsuri informs.

The three boys let out an 'oh' at the new information, but it didn't dampen their good moods. Its been a few weeks since the demon slayers first magically popped into their world, but thankfully, things seem to go smoothly. Midoriya looks at his good hand that isn't holding onto his crutch with determination. There's still a few days left before his internship ends and he has to go back to school.

With whatever time I still have left here, I'll use get stronger and better.

Tanjiro POV

Tanjiro wakes up to the sound of Zenitsu screaming.

"TANJIRO! HELP ME, THIS IDIOT IS TRYING TO KILL ME!" the blond runs in circles in the basement with a terrified look on his face.

"HAHAHA! C'mon and fight me. I've got so much energy, a good round of sparring would be a great way to let it out!" Inosuke shouts triumphantly, swinging his two jagged blades in the air dangerously. It's a miracle he hasn't hurt anyone yet, accidentally and purposely.

"Would you two just SHUT UP ALREADY?!" Genya groggily reaches for the pillow from the futon beside him and throws it with as much force his half-asleep self could muster. Whether it hit Zenitsu or Inosuke didn't matter to him since both of them were causing a ruckus, and he was too sleepy to care. The pillow hit the dark haired male square in the face, knocking him back a couple steps while Zenitsu laughed at him.