10: Akaza and Kokushibo

Tanjirou POV

I felt my body stiffen as my arms grew tense. Cold sweat gathered on my forehead and the hairs on my neck stand up. My face went pale and my hands trembled.

There stood Upper Moon Three and Upper Moon One in the middle of the room. Sweat trickled down my chin as what used to be fear was then replaced by anger build up in the pit of my stomach.

They're the ones responsible for Genya, Rengoku, and Tokito-kun's death. They've killed scores of people and ruined thousands of lives and families. That can never be forgiven!

I remember that feeling of emptiness when I heard those three names come out of the crowd beak, announced dead. A hollow feeling.

Shinazugawa-kun shoves pass me and ripped his blade out of its sheath. His scent was burning with anger. Seeping with a lust for revenge.

"You six-eyed fucker."

But said man didn't have his attention fixed on him. Instead, his demon eyes were trained on someone else behind me.

A boy fairly shorter than me. Long black hair that faded to teal ends, turquoise eyes, small build. Tokito.

"Eyes on me you asshole!" Shinazugawa attempts to steal his attention.

Tokito gracefully weaves passed us all and confronts Upper Moon One.

"Muichiro." Upper Moon One's deep voice cutting the air.

"Kokushibo."

"You're alive I see."

"No, I'm just a hallucination." Tokito joked. Though the tone in his voice sounds more menacing than joking.

Tokito's white blade reflecting the light. His katana held in his right hand, sturdily pointed at Kokushibo, not even a tremble. No ounce of fear. His scent was dripping with spite.

"Tokito! You're not fully recovered, you can't fight!" Genya tries to reason.

"I'll handle this pipsqueek. Now move outta the way!" Shinazugawa steps forward just slightly.

My hand already on the hilt of my sword. Just as I was about to pull out my blade.

"We did not come here to fight." That ever so familiar voice.

Upper Moon Three interjected. His eyes lock with mine and I stare into his amber orbs. He's telling the truth. His scent was longing for something, but it wasn't greed. His expression is hard but his eyes are soft.

"Bullshit!" Shinazugawa roars.

"Oi you! You're the one who killed the Flame dude! You'll pay for that!" Inosuke barges in with his two jagged swords in hand.

In the corner of my eye I saw Ubuyashiki-Sama's arm move. I turn my head in his direction. Ubuyashiki-sama brings his hand and sets his pointer finger on his lips.

All the yelling stops for a brief moment.

"But master!" Shinazugawa whines.

"There's something's different in the air. We should let them speak. Aizawa, I suggest you take your children to the farther back."

Aizawa hesitantly follows. Him and the students back up.

"We have a favour to ask of you." Kokushibo starts.

"And why the hell should we be doing you shitty bastards a favour?" Iguro-san viciously hissed standing in front of Kanroji protectively.

A couple seconds went by in silence. The air is thick and heavy. My eyes hands are steady and my ears are alert. What is this favour they want to ask? I do not smell any sort of malice, or hint of intent to kill. No intentions of harming. What is this?