Revealing Family Secrets

**All characters in the Harry Potter series go to J. K. Rowling. The Masons, Jake Ryder, and Amanda Wills are all mine :)**

Revealing Family Secrets-

Maddie's pov

"Have you heard Maddie? Sirius Black is Harry's godfather!" Fred whispered. We were both in the library, I was searching for  anything on my real family.

"How do you know?" I asked, reaching for another book.

"Well, I overhead Hermione talking to Ron an-" I didn't let him finish. I finally found what I was looking for.

"Fred! I found it! Take a look!" I pointed to the page and started to read aloud. "Madeline Jane Mason, born on December 24, 1977, was a young witch whose father was good and her mother was evil. Her mother was a death eater, and her father was a powerful wizard. Madeline Jane Mason has only two living family members, her half-brother, Harry Potter, and-" Harry Potter? Harry was my half-brother!? "And Bellatrix Lestrange, her mother. Her father was non-other than James Potter. James Potter was under the Imperius Charm the night Madeline was conceived. When Madeline was born, Bellatrix Lestrange attempted to kill Madeline with the Killing Curse, but didn't have the heart to kill her own daughter. Lestrange left Madeline on the step of Lily and James Potter's doorstep in Godrics Hollow. Two years later, Harry potter  was born. On October 31, 1981, He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named killed James Potter and then Lily Potter. He hit Harry with the Killing Curse, but rebounded and destroyed himself. That night, Bellatrix returned and attempted to kill Madeline, but Leonis sanguisl, or Lion's blood, (old magic) protected her, leaving Bellatrix confused and weak. Harry was left with the Dursleys, and Madeline was sent to America, and was adopted by a family of Squibs. To this day, Madeline remains at Hogwarts School of Witchraft and Wizardry."

 A few minutes passed, and there was only silence. I felt Fred's arms go around me as I began to start crying. My mother was Bellatrix Lestrange. A Death Eater no less!

"Can we.. go see..Dumbledore? Please?" I asked, crying still. Fred's arm went around my waist and we headed off to see the Headmaster. With the book still clutched in my hand, we entered Professor Dumbledore's office.

"Ahh Miss Mason, Mr. Weasley, how may I-" Dumbledore locked eyes with me and was alarmed. "What's a matter Miss Mason?" He asked, standing up and making his way around his desk.

"Professor Dumbledore, I know who my real family is." I replied. Alarm spread across his face and I looked at the floor. "Did you know that Harry Potter is by half-brother?"

"I actually did not know that. But please keep it on the down low, Harry's already got a lot on his mind. But if you please Miss Mason, Professor Lupin was looking for you. Mr. Weasley, I can trust you can show her?" Fred nodded and we shuffled out of the office,  and headed to Professor Lupin's office.

"You wanted to see me Professor?" He looked up from a book he was so intently reading and replied, "Yes, I was wondering if you could keep an eye on your brother, Harry. Sirius Black was rumored to be spotted near Hogwarts."

"Sure, goodnight Professor."

The corridors were already dark by the time we exited his office. "I'm sorry I made you miss dinner." I took out my wand and looked around. "Lumos." I whispered. Light emitted from my wand as walked towards the Fat Lady.

"No worries my dear lady! We can eat something in the common room, I'll have some of the elves bring us some food. Oh Pig Snout." The Fat Lady swung open and we entered the common room, where we discovered food on the table and Harry, Ron and Hermione around the fireplace.

"Maddie! I was beginning to worry where you were! Ohh what book are you reading?" Hermione asked. I threw the book at her and she began to read intently. I sat down with Fred, who already began eating.

"Pig.." I whispered, with a smile. Fred smirked and continue to eat. I sat down and ate, and slowly began to get drowsy. I soon fell asleep, my hair falling into the pudding.

"I'll take her to her bed." Fred said. I felt myself being lifted up and then placed down again. "Night Madeline." Fred whispered before pressing his lips against my forehead. A smile formed on my lips and I giggled. "I knew you weren't asleep." He whispered before leaving.

I listened to Harry, Ron, and Hermione's conversation for a while. "Harry, Ron, read this." Hermione said. Silence followed for a moments before I heard Harry yell, "MADELINE IS MY HALF-SISTER?"

***********************************

And that's another chapter done! Do you like it?

<3 Wren