Into the Pensieve

**All characters in the Harry Potter series go to J. K. Rowling. The Masons, Jake Ryder, and Amanda Wills are all mine :)**

Into the Pensieve-

Fred's pov-

"You ok there mate?" I asked Harry, he had just come up from the pensieve. He looked around and sat on the step, not answering. Shrugging it off, I gently poured the components of the vial into the pensieve. Fearing the worse, I looked into the pensieve.

It was dark at first, but I soon appeared in a classroom, and it was full of students around six or seven. "Miss Mason, you have to understand that bullying someone could get you into some serious trouble." An old lady snapped.

"I didn't do it! I promise it wasn't me!" A little girl squealed. Maddie. The teacher glared at her before the vision changed. I watched as a fast boat sped by on the lakefront. There were three people in the boat, and a young girl dived off the edge of the boat. She laughed happily as an owl hooted on her head.

The vision changed.

"Gryffindor!" The sorting hat shouted. Maddie got off the stool and waltzed her way over to us. She smiled happily as she took a seat next to me, and I turned beat red.

The vision changed.

"Maddie! Maddie!" A version of me shouted. I watched as Maddie was dragged away by Sirius Black.

The vision changed.

Maddie was sitting on the windowsill and staring out into the night. She was gently stroking Amare, her owl and whispering to it. "I have a bad feeling about the upcoming school year. First the attack at the Quidditch world cup, who knows what could be out there." She whispered.

The vision changed.

We were dancing slowly to the tune at the Yule Ball. She whispered I love you and pressed her head against my chest. We danced in perfect harmony and I noticed the other people around us glaring with envy.

The vision changed.

Maddie was frantically running towards Sirius, who had just disarmed Lucious Malfoy. We were fighting in the death chamber at the Department of Mysteries. Maddie jumped in the air and a green curse hit her.

The vision changed. But I couldn't stand it. We were coming up to her last memories. Her last moments of life. Harry, Ron and Hermione sat around Maddie. "No Harry, you need to leave with Hermione and Ron. I know I'll be dead within minutes, and I know this is probably our final goodbye." Maddie said weakly. There was blood everywhere, and her breaths were getting shallower. "Hermione, Ronald. I want to thank you for being there for my brother. He couldn't have asked for better friends." Maddie said before the whole thing went black. I stumbled back into reality and broke down.

Tears were running down my face. My chest constricted. I didn't even have time to notice Mum walk in and throw her arms around me. "Come on.. Freddie. You need to get up. Quickly.. please." Mum pleaded. I got up and followed her out. Everyone was rushing to the courtyard. We followed them out to the courtyard where we met our greatest fear.

Maddie's pov

Toby was safely tucked in my arms. He turned and tossed, but still stayed asleep. I hadn't an idea where I was going. I don't think anyone could see me, but to make sure, I made myself transparent. I guess that was one of the perks of being dead. Wait, I'm dead, so why am I running? I've seen the Grey Lady do this thing like apparating in a ball of light. Jumping, I think it was called.

Seeing how this couldn't go wrong, I jumped. It was amazing. I could see where I was, and I saw everything that I flew over. I was soon out of the Forbidden Forest, and flying over the Astronomy Tower. I landed there, still transparent. It was daybreak, and I could see a black mass in the courtyard. All the people on our side was near the castle, staring in shock.